The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

neema said:
Interesting. I left the rubber diff bushing on the diff side just because I'm lazy to change it. So it's "correct" to leave a rubber bushing in on one side?

Yeah--leave that one in there unless it blows out, then replace it with another $35 stock bushing or the Steeda heim joint one that was mentioned above.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

What did I do today?

New PFC01 front pads.
Adjusted wing angle a little more downward to be active in Laguna's "mid-speed" corners.
"TOW" sticker for rear bumper cover.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

roadhouse said:
Got my car back tonight after I had a Spec stage 4 clutch (6 puck), aluminum flywheel, new TOB, and SS clutch line installed. Initial street-driving impressions:

-pedal effort is greater than stock
-engagement is much quicker and more harsh due to solid hub
-it takes more RPMs to leave smoothly from a stop and doesn't like to be slipped too much

I figured these things would happen when I switched to this clutch but honestly I thought it was going to be much worse. I had visions of the clutch being so terrible on the street that I never wanted to drive it but that just isn't the case. I did a few high RPM pulls and the car shifted vey well. Looking forward to testing it out on track soon, where it should really shine 8)

Grip it & Rip it!

Tulsa, OK

ArizonaBOSS said:
What did I do today?

New PFC01 front pads.
Adjusted wing angle a little more downward to be active in Laguna's "mid-speed" corners.
"TOW" sticker for rear bumper cover.

First time at Laguna?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

roadhouse said:
First time at Laguna?

First time driving there, met up with some BMO folk there back in 2011 for a Grand Am race.

I have about 10,000 laps on GT5, though. :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Installed heat reflective tape around the main positive power cables going by the header. The protective plastic sleeve had broken away from the wires so I did this before the insulation got roasted.

cHxAMUH.jpg

ArizonaBOSS said:
Installed heat reflective tape around the main positive power cables going by the header. The protective plastic sleeve had broken away from the wires so I did this before the insulation got roasted.

That's easily 10 hp

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

neema said:
That's easily 10 hp

I have at least 10 feet left over, maybe I should wrap my STB in it? +40hp there and I can skip the CJ manifold that way too! Win-win!

RPM related squeak is back. Back end of the car is ridiculously noisy. Last time the dealership said the axles were out of round and replaced them. Back to the dealer Monday morning...

drano38

Wayne

Did the first test run of the new air/oil cooler install. So far, no leaks.
Friday I'll put the car back on the ground and go for a drive. If all is good, put the front bumper back on, and go season bed in new brakes/rotors for BIR.

cloud9 said:
Custom trunk carpet ::) It might be time to quit pretending it's still a grocery getter.

20140722_113539_zpsa79c36af.jpg

Maybe not a grocery getter but that tap in the back would make for good tailgating.

steveespo said:
Gary I'll go first with the carpet removal since you went first with the A/C removal. We have to catch up with Drew and go full race. Let's start a BMO run what you brung race classification.
Steve
The real issue is I would have to move up a class if I take any more weight out and I would be 300 lbs overweight for the next class so if I go I have to go big!

Went out to test my new headers and clutch line pop out at the transmission
Retaining clip is still on the elbow and have 2 track day with that stainless line.

And also broke the front splitter trying to get it on the flatbed :mad: :mad:

TMO Supporting Vendors