• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel rates might be about 255 vs 330 or so. Sometimes I get a little clunk when I go from forward to reverse and vice-versa once I get rolling. I couldn't think of a way to prevent it with heim joints on both ends. I assumed mine are just hitting the limit of rotation when it does that. I'll look closer next time I'm under the car.
Well. My death rattle is still there. Only thing I can think of now is shock mount bearings. I have checked them, they don't seem loose.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Sounds like something loose or worn. Maybe put a thread up in the tech/suspension area for more ideas and suggestions. Or call CorteX.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
You mean contact with the shock body and upper coilover mount?

VoodooBoss

Rick
STANCE!

Grant 302

Yeah, that's *me* all right!

:rolleyes:

:D

:p

Next, I'm gonna massively camber my rear axle using a 3 ton cable hoist.;)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars

Grant 302

Loose it was! Glad you found it!

Grant 302

Smart. You only need one side to be adjustable!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Re installed my 22mm rear bar....hoping this will help hook the front back up without some detrimental side effects.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel