The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

jnathan68 said:
Great pic! Looks like another beautiful Cali track day.
Yep it got up to 80 here yesterday. If we don't get more rain those hills will be turning brown soon. You SoCal guys should plan a trip to TH sometime. It's a lot of fun.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Oil/Filter/Gearbox Fluid/Rear Diff Fluid/Brakes w/bleed.

Now I look at the forecast for LimeRock Park on 3/23. 40 degrees ! So much for getting the tires hot... ::)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

When the track asphalt is < 40 degrees it will only matter for the first lap ;D

Yesterday, I drove to Summit Racing in GA. Picked up a helmet, oil seperator, etc. . Took all I had to not break my self imposed 1k limit. Great day for a drive and saw my first ever Boss in the wild.

(I hate ATL area traffic)

Gave it a bath. Let it play in the soap bubbles for a while. Then toweled it off and let it stretch it's legs a bit. We went out to see my Daughters daily driver.

racered302 said:
^ I like your new pic Rick, please tell me you weren't being lapped. :)
Not getting lapped but leading the pack. LOL One of those Porsche's is a 2012 997 Turbo with mods putting out 650 HP. If you look carefully you'll see I'm not wearing a helmet and my son is in the passenger seat. We did a few parade laps at lunchtime. I was not tracking my car yesterday just hanging out.

This morning I went to a Dreams and Drivers (like cars and coffee) event supporting the Wounded Veterans organization. It was held at a local Vette/Gun shop. I hired this woman to keep people away from my LF. Second shot was with some of the Team Shelby members that were there. From left to right:

My Boss, 2013 GT500 Track Pack, 2003 Mach 1, 2008 GT500, 1966 GT500 (original car), 1968 GT500, and a 2013 GT500 non track pack car.

IMG_2162_zps805cbf80.jpg
IMG_2166_zps326ebc3d.jpg

Sunny, 45, roads are dry.... Took it out and drove it down to the World of Wheels custom car show. BTW... there was a black LS #503 in this show.

NFSBOSS said:
Not getting lapped but leading the pack. LOL One of those Porsche's is a 2012 997 Turbo with mods putting out 650 HP. If you look carefully you'll see I'm not wearing a helmet and my son is in the passenger seat. We did a few parade laps at lunchtime. I was not tracking my car yesterday just hanging out.

This morning I went to a Dreams and Drivers (like cars and coffee) event supporting the Wounded Veterans organization. It was held at a local Vette/Gun shop. I hired this woman to keep people away from my LF. Second shot was with some of the Team Shelby members that were there. From left to right:

My Boss, 2013 GT500 Track Pack, 2003 Mach 1, 2008 GT500, 1966 GT500 (original car), 1968 GT500, and a 2013 GT500 non track pack car.

Nothing sexier than a woman holding a RIFLE!!!!!! Most women I have taght to shoot an AR end up shooting better than me eventually. lol

I didn't even notice the rifle, lol.
13FLBoss said:
NFSBOSS said:

Nothing sexier than a woman holding a RIFLE!!!!!! Most women I have taght to shoot an AR end up shooting better than me eventually. lol

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

Back in Black said:
I didn't even notice the rifle, lol.

The rifle appears to be an AR-15 variant with full 20", non-standard barrel with integrated muzzle/flash suppressor. Receiver is anodized or painted blue, could be Kona Blue. Front sight/gas block is modified and appears to have integrated rails on three sides, with fold down front site.

Yea, I know. I did notice the person holding the rifle.......but. The wife says I can play with any rifle I want. The other?? Well, that too could end in the use of a fire arm. LOL.

TMO Supporting Vendors