The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What type of garage lift do you use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Trouble with scissor lift is you don't get the car high enough to stand upright. You end up needing something like a bucket seat on casters to roll around under the car on, and putting torque on stuff when you're sitting on wheels is not workable. I have a QuickJack and it's OK for wheel/brake type stuff but severely difficult to work under as there is hardly any room under the car. I think the scissor lifts are only marginally better than the QJ. I considered all the available options for my residential garage with all the limitations they have, I am lucky as I have a very high ceiling like 11 feet or so it can support a full height lift I think.

The company that markets Daytona branded lifts is in my little town so I have had lots of chats with their sales guy who also scoped out my garage. I am considering their one post unit, it has 6 foot lift, I might have to stoop a bit under the car as I am about 5'11" or so. It is somewhat portable at least from the viewpoint of moving it around in the garage. Have to see one in action before I move forward on it, but so far it seems possibly the most viable option for my situation.

Hey JDee, thanks for the heads up. They have a used 9000 lb, two poster for $1800 on the website..It has got me thinking haha.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Hey JDee, thanks for the heads up. They have a used 9000 lb, two poster for $1800 on the website..It has got me thinking haha.

No problem-o. You need that lift, what car guy doesn't? Looked at it, that seems like a hell of a deal. If I could make one of them work in my garage I'd be there tomorrow at opening time!

Norm got his commercial grade lifts for his garage from them, and this winter he bought a new tire machine and a new balancer from them. The snows on my DD would not balance, had them to 2 other shops a total of 4 times and they could not balance them. Norm ran them on his new balancer and holy crap if he didn't get them to balance. So their stuff must be decent. Good prices and nice equipment, hard to beat that!

Last edited:

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
No problem-o. You need that lift, what car guy doesn't? Looked at it, that seems like a hell of a deal. If I could make one of them work in my garage I'd be there tomorrow at opening time!

Norm got his commercial grade lifts for his garage from them, and this winter he bought a new tire machine and a new balancer from them. The snows on my DD would not balance, had them to 2 other shops a total of 4 times and they could not balance them. Norm ran them on his new balancer and holy crap if he didn't get them to balance. So their stuff must be decent. Good prices and nice equipment, hard to beat that!

Holy crap...I just checked the weight on my Ram diesel at 7307 lbs empty....that's almost two Boss Mustangs !! I'm goin need all of 9000lbs. to lift that monster. Haha o_O

TMO Supporting Vendors