The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WI / IL area track days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
'
Anyone doing Ozarks on the 3rd-5th? I will be headed down on Thursday.
Safe travels there @Vettel-ish and give her hell !! Hope the repairs are robust enough for her to be able to get the maximum amount of fun track time allowed !! My paddock queen went to the west coast for a month for some mother/daughter time. I’m holding down the homestead & probably posting a ton in the cooks thread ?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
'

Safe travels there @Vettel-ish and give her hell !! Hope the repairs are robust enough for her to be able to get the maximum amount of fun track time allowed !! My paddock queen went to the west coast for a month for some mother/daughter time. I’m holding down the homestead & probably posting a ton in the cooks thread ?

No worries Mark! Someone needs to hold the fort down.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Check out ptcdriving.com for a fairly new track based mainly on Training - Polecat Training Center. A friend on another site I go to occasionally told me about this track and it is near Fayetteville and Lynchburg, so ............that means it is close to Chattanooga also. It is more of a Blackhawk Farms type track but more elevation change and there are a couple of variations. It would be a fun place for a group to do a training weekend , along with a group of TMO Members getting together for an event weekend. Check it out and you will find you are close to quite a few fun road courses once you get to Chattanooga - good luck!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Popping in here quick to say I enjoyed meeting & learning from a bunch of the guys here including @Vettel-ish @dragoon wish I could have done a few more events!

Moving to Chattanooga, TN & feel lucky to have had a world class facility like RA down the road & the funky go Kart track on steroids that is Blackhawk. 🍻
Take care there in Tennessee !! I’m sure you & Bad Habit will find tracks down there to enjoy. Road Atlanta and Barber Mototsports almost make a perfect triangle with Chattanooga since it’s so close to the Georgia and Alabama border. Best wishes to you on your move !!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
Shameless plug - if anyone is around New Berlin, WI and wants some cheap all seasons see my ad in the classifieds. Would rather off load them for cheap then pay movers & then have them sit around some more.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
If I remember correctly Polecat started doing Time Attach and HPDE days either last spring or the fall before. A group out of the Nashville area called Binge Track Days (formerly Binge Tokyo) hosts the events. I have run with them at NCM in the past, so I am on their email list. They are pushing Polecat for smaller lower horsepower cars. I haven't really looked at going there.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You might want to check it out as the new straight that gets rid of 3 turns has made it more open and the guys I know who went are not in low horsepower stuff. We all know Stangs can hang with plenty of cars that are unaware of the Pony's prowess on asphalt.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Time to revive the thread for 2024 :
Registered for Road America with MVP for 4 days, May 4th and 5th and Oct 12th and 13th. Fox Valley & Middleton does RA Cruise for a Cause about the 1st Wednesday of October so waiting for that to open. Blackhawk and Northwoods Shelby opens in a couple days so get the check book out !! Hoping the regulars can get a few open track days organized for 2024, that would be nice !!

TMO Supporting Vendors