The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38 said:
cloud9 said:
Ordered the World Challenge Splitter and it cost me a set of Competition Orange stilettos! :mad:

Sounds like a couple great winter mods. Do the shoes have a Boss logo?
She was looking for some with black racing stripes, but she did comment they're vented like the Tiger Hood :D

I have a pretty cool UPS guy, He calls my cell phone to see if I am in the area when I am not home. Knowing it's probably a mod I have been waiting for. Problem is the better half knows I don't dare say anything about the stuff she buys or I will never get another mod. So now the UPS guy shows up 2 or 3 times a week with shoes and crap. I am starting to not like him so much!!

regalt87 said:
I have a pretty cool UPS guy, He calls my cell phone to see if I am in the area when I am not home. Knowing it's probably a mod I have been waiting for. Problem is the better half knows I don't dare say anything about the stuff she buys or I will never get another mod. So now the UPS guy shows up 2 or 3 times a week with shoes and crap. I am starting to not like him so much!!
Smart man. Look at this way, a pair of shoes is about 5% of a set of Hoosiers ;D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
My "mods" for the weekend

405789_927318898534_20311301_39843569_887260059_n.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
Looks good. Do you remove the front passenger seat for a TT?

Hadn't thought about it, but I suppose I could. TBH I don't care that much :eek:

Do not get magnetic since they are normally only "rated" until 100 or 120MPH. They could be a hazard for others on the track if they fly off. Removable vinyl is the best way to go, stayed on at Daytona with no problems for me.

2012YellowBoss said:
Do not get magnetic since they are normally only "rated" until 100 or 120MPH. They could be a hazard for others on the track if they fly off. Removable vinyl is the best way to go, stayed on at Daytona with no problems for me.
I've been running magnetic for years and never even had one move. At BIR I would hit 165 mph in my GT500 and had no problems whatsoever, even with one on the front edge of the roof. If the club you're running with requires a front number, you'll need one on the front edge of the roof since the hood is aluminum (or in my case fiberglass ;D)

I just use blue painter's tape for track days, but when I get my race license I am getting a set of 11s made like this for the E30

longcat2.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
I've been running magnetic for years and never even had one move. At BIR I would hit 165 mph in my GT500 and had no problems whatsoever, even with one on the front edge of the roof. If the club you're running with requires a front number, you'll need one on the front edge of the roof since the hood is aluminum (or in my case fiberglass ;D)

Please post the link to purchase if you're getting those online. Good to know there is at least one brand that will stay attached.

Saw a Boss get wrecked today at the track, not mine or JBG's, but a sad day nonetheless. Looked salveageable but lots of damage.
No pics, no further details, don't ask.

On the plus side, set a new personal best at this track by 1 full second, and took SECOND :-/ in my time trials class, TWO TENTHS off of First place. Almost!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
lbp said:
AZ - Is that a magnetic or decal number on the door ? I need to get one soon, not sure which website to hit on ;D

..What is "HL?"
I've not seen such a class here in the NE.

These are vinyl decals, not magnets. At least for now.

"HL" is for "Hot Lap", essentially this is what my track org calls it's timetrials run group. I am in the second fastest category (Power To Weight 8.1 to 11.something)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Jza1736 said:
That sux. What color? How? Any pics?

CO/White, sounds like he lost the rearend in a fast right sweeper, plowed into an embankment and got some air, ended up in a chain-link fence. Airbag deployed, driver shaken but OK. No pics, as previously mentioned.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel