The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yotah's Grabber Blue GT350 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
I didn't work on the S550 platform, but I'm working on the next generation.

I want to do a CF hood for the Shelby with some proper venting.
The cool thing at Ford is that they push us to brign new stuff to the table, and they help out with the patenting and prototype production of some of the parts. I have a few other things I am developping for the Shelby but it stays on my desk for now, I just can't show it to anyone. Hopefully I'll get it approved and produced :)

I didn't work on the S550 platform, but I'm working on the next generation.

I want to do a CF hood for the Shelby with some proper venting.
The cool thing at Ford is that they push us to brign new stuff to the table, and they help out with the patenting and prototype production of some of the parts. I have a few other things I am developping for the Shelby but it stays on my desk for now, I just can't show it to anyone. Hopefully I'll get it approved and produced :)

I understand that not being able to share stuff. We have stuff we are developing for as well that will be out soon but can’t show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Parts arrived after Thanksgving. I got the jacking rails under the car already. They had a bit of weight but will make my life a lot easier!! I should have done this earlier.

image110.jpg

I also received BMR's cradle bushing insert kit and rear diff bushing kit. This will go on the car during the winter.
Also got some Diode Dynamics rear sidemarkers and front lights to remove that orange-ish shade that I just can't stand anymore.

image210.jpg

Ford performance lowering springs also were delivered, looking forward to having these on the car too.

yotah1, checked out this thread and saw your amazing driving skills. I will be on the M1 track quite a bit and I have a similar GT350. I would like to know when you compete the front end aero bits you discussed. Looking for a GT4 style front splitter. I can get a new one but they are costly. How is dive plane coming along. They look great! Local to Detroit and would like to see your development.

Last edited:

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Dive planes will be done this winter, and hopefully so will be the front splitter.
Right now I'm working on a shifter for the car, doing some CAD work before machining some prototype parts.

Do you have a projected price point for the dive planes and the "GT4" style splitter? If you want to see a Multimatic GT4 splitter, let me know.

Also saw your web site. Amazing stuff. I have a GT350 that I will use primarily for track use. Looking for someone to help me with graphics design.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
We can talk for the graphics if you want.

For the GT4 splitter, I've had a look at it during the Dream Cruise as they were displaying one. Pretty basic stuff to be honest, bolts on top of the original splitter...

I'm building the dive plates in aluminium first and then will be molding the final ones in CF. This should be done around February on March, depending on my motivation to take the bumper off the car in the cold winter :)
I'm hoping to be around 300$ for the pair in CF but will have to adjust depending on material cost. Splitter should be around 2k or so, still cheaper than GT4 stuff...

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Nope, still H pattern but adjustable, full CNC, higher position closer to the steering wheel. Like I have in my euro track car actually. CAE shifters builds a bunch of them but nothing for the 350, and I contacted them but they need the car in hand ( in Germany) for 4 months... so I make it myself. The CAD will be finished this week, then I'll 3d print most of it for test fitting, and then I'll see how much it costs to produce it.

With the top quality and functionality of a MGW shifter I'm not sure what the point of designing your own is. If you've never seen one you should buy one and check it out. They are the best. Seems like better business opportunities in the other items your working on.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Not disagreeing with MGW's quality or design, but they lower the shifter closer to the center console, and my problem in the GT350 is that my elbow touches the seat everytime I get into 2nd, 4th and 6th gear. Lowering the shifter would make this even worse, so that means MGW can do all the best quality stuff on the planet, it doesn't fit me.
This is why I want to make my own stuff that raises the shifter higher in the car and closer to the steering wheel, more like a rally car setup.

In terms of design, the package of the FR3V transmission and the space available under the transmission tunnel make it impossible to have anything other than a vertically stacked mechanism, so all aftermarket designs using a pendulum will look the same, there's no way around this one.

Where my stuff diverges from anything else available now is in the shifter position, the reverse lockout mechanism too, and the adjustability on a vertical axis of the rotating axis of the shifter, meaning that you can actually adjust how long of a throw you want to have on your shifter, depending if you prefer something really "close" or more "spaced out".

And VoodooBoss, I'm not doing this for any business return, just doing a part that fits me and my needs. If it fits someone else, all the better, if nobody wants one, i don't care either. I'm just making my car work for me, that's all I'm doing.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Yotah1:

“I'm just making my car work for me, that's all I'm doing.”

That’s the way we do it here, and please keep us posted on your progress. I’m interested in seeing how you make and/or modify your reverse lock out fence.

Good luck.

We can talk for the graphics if you want.

I'm building the dive plates in aluminium first and then will be molding the final ones in CF. This should be done around February on March, depending on my motivation to take the bumper off the car in the cold winter :)

My front bumper if off the car if you want to use it for development. Saves you from having to remove your bumper. Let me know if you want to use it.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
If it's still off in February, I'll probably get in touch with you as for now it's just way too cold and I have too many things on my plate to do this. But it's one of my priorities as soon as I get back on the Shelby. Right now, I'm redoing the calipers which are off the car, but my garage is so cold (even with the heater) that my air compressor froze after Xmas :(

If it's still off in February, I'll probably get in touch with you as for now it's just way too cold and I have too many things on my plate to do this. But it's one of my priorities as soon as I get back on the Shelby. Right now, I'm redoing the calipers which are off the car, but my garage is so cold (even with the heater) that my air compressor froze after Xmas :(

Sounds good! Let me know if you want to do any work in my heated garage. I live in Bloomfield Hills.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
What I've been doing over the Xmas break while my girlfriend was in Europe (gotta keep myself busy...)

01f84010.jpg

4 calipers off the car, then cleaned and taken apart, all pistons out, seals out (rubber boots will be changed as most were already in bad shape...)

945d6610.jpg

1d38ab10.jpg

Cleanup the caliper, file off the casting marks to have a nicer look at the end.

30c24e10.jpg

Mask everything off, cover the pistons holes, plug the bleed valve holes, and then sandblast everything.

b4fd3b10.jpg

Everything is laid down on the table for re-assembly later on.

8b594e10.jpg

Just for fun, I'm comparing the front 6 pistons Brembo to my front 6 pistons AP Racing that will go on my 68 Cuda.

50c59b10.jpg

69bfe310.jpg

2 layers of high temp flameproof primer, 3 layers of paint, cook at 400 degrees for 40', let it cool down, put the sticker, 2 layers of clearcoat, cook at 230 degrees for 1h. Re-assemble :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel