The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

You all should be ashamed of yourselves......lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had discussed this with you guys a few years ago. I've wanted a Shelby ever since I first saw one around 10 years old, I've worked on scores of them but of course could never afford an original..
Fast forward to 2005 and the new style mustang and the return of the Shelby.
My wife saw me looking at them, so I told her the story.
I told her that I liked the 05-09 body styling the best (it most emulates the old ones IMO) but the GT 3 valver doesn't do it for me. The 10 and up 5.0 would be my favorite engine. I told her the 5.4 shelby had the right motor and the blower,and the right body style. So she told me to try and find one.....but it had to be the EXACT one I wanted, style, paint, engine..everything, I could not settle for anyone but the right one.
Well I located a 1 owner, 25k mile GT500 with all the right mods (pulley, x pipe, flowmasters) it followed me home (from 200 miles away) and my wife said I could keep it. So after a 46 year wait, this happened.

taadVchl.jpg

DMFS4ifl.png

peChXZxl.png

Congratulations she's a beauty. What's the first mod scheduled! ;D

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Black Sheep 1:

That is a great story and I'm glad you finally got your Shelby Mustang.

The Shelby looks like a nice low mileage well cared for unit.

Thanks for sharing,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
blacksheep-1 said:
….Well I located a 1 owner, 25k mile GT500 with all the right mods (pulley, x pipe, flowmasters) it followed me home (from 200 miles away) and my wife said I could keep it. So after a 46 year wait, this happened.

Congratulations and welcome to the dark side ;-)

I had money down on a 2007 the day it was announced the year before and the dealer changed the agreed deal once it hit the showroom floor adding a $10K markup. I bailed but missed not having one.

2011 came around and I saw "my" car on a review on Autoblog and I found a dealer that would order me one the way I wanted and at 1K below MSRP. (took a lot of work and about 8 dealers to haggle against).

Love the car, love the Mustang community like BMO.

Tulsa, OK
Congrats! ;D

I have always been fond of the '07-'09 Shelbys. And the white with blue stripes is just a classic color for these cars. My mother has '14 Shelby with the same color combo.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel