The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Your First Boss 302 Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anybody think this gauage pack is a good option to add? Or, are there better gauages out there that need/should be added? The gauage pack might fit better and look the best.

You can always buy the pod and install non Ford gauges. I think the openings are a standard size.

1BadBoss said:
Anybody think this gauage pack is a good option to add? Or, are there better gauages out there that need/should be added? The gauage pack might fit better and look the best.
I am reserving judgement on this until I can get more information. I already have a GPS based lap timer and speedometer that I bought for $250. It plugs into a 12V accessory port and velcros to the dash. For engine coolant temp, I use an Aeroforce CN-Series gauge that is mounted in the A/C vent in my GT500 and it cost $250. You can track anything you can read from the OBD II port with that Aeroforce gauge. If the car comes with an oil pressure sender/switch you can pick up oil pressure on the Aeroforce gauge. If not, they sell sensors for less than $100 and you'd have to install that with the FRPP kit as well. The question is does the FRPP gauge pack come with oil pressure sensors or are they already installed in the regular Boss?

atrain1975

Gary - did you end up installing a sensor/sender for oil pressure or any other analog info for your aeroforce? Just wondering how difficult that was / would be.

Thanks!

Alex

atrain1975 said:
Gary - did you end up installing a sensor/sender for oil pressure or any other analog info for your aeroforce? Just wondering how difficult that was / would be.

Thanks!

Alex
Not yet, but I would like to at some point. I think the oil temp goes in the oil pan, but I'm not sure on oil pressure. I need to do some more research on that or call Aeroforce.

1BadBoss said:

They're more than just gauges right? Isn't there the integrated 0-60 and G force stuff built in? It seems steep but if you get some pretty awesome funness from it what the heck.

I wanna see an LS in person before really making a decision. I figure I've got my whole life to figure it out. Maybe at Laguna I'll see a Laguna? Getting stoked it's only two weeks away.

My first mod is free. I plan to remove the vinyl stripes and hood decal. The Boss's performance is "authenticate" enough without the tape and stripe job.

Also, that stuff just attracts the local deputies, as well as car thieves. Much better to fly under the radar with a PW Boss. The black roof looks like a mustang with the glass roof. In a small town people (good and bad) lock on to your car.

After that - window tint is a must.

Maybe the gauge pack later, or at least the mounting bracket with separate gauges to save some $$.

The Corsa Extremes went on yesterday. Man they sound good ;D It moved most of the sound from the side pipes to the rear of the car so obviously there was still a lot of back pressure from the stock mufflers. Cut about 30 lbs of weight as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors