The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Grille Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam81 said:
I think the accent color on the grille like the LS' have stock looks great! I really like the kona cars too.... Can't wait to see what the white LS splitter looks like.

I am debating whether to paint my Tiger hood all silver like stock or put the accent red in like regular Boss' and the 302s have.... ???
I think it needs some red. Remember your Rule #1 ;)

Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Looking good Jeff. I'm still debating adding a tribar pony to mine. When's the white LS spoiler going on? ;)

I think you should leave the tri-pony emblem off. It looks more menacing....
Yep. I'm liking the look of my new grille. ;D

If you put the hole for the LS spoiler then later go back to the stock one or GT500, is the hole in a place that will be covered by the other ones?

5 DOT 0 said:
adam81 said:
I think the accent color on the grille like the LS' have stock looks great! I really like the kona cars too.... Can't wait to see what the white LS splitter looks like.

I am debating whether to paint my Tiger hood all silver like stock or put the accent red in like regular Boss' and the 302s have.... ???
How about in between like this?

302Shooddesalvo.jpg
cloud9 said:
adam81 said:

I think it needs some red. Remember your Rule #1 ;)

Thanks Rick..... Now I have another option to think about........ ;)

Gary....I am starting to hate Rule #1. It is getting expensive.... But hey it's Rule #1! I don't have a choice...it's a rule...

I really do like the hood how you have it with the black in there. I just don't know if it will be too much red on the car.... ??? I am probably going to go all silver and see what it looks like. I can always spray red over it...

PeteInCT said:
The griille I found here, they seem to be sold out at many places. There guys were great:

302S Grille - Ford Racing Part number M-8200-Mbr, $335.00.
Todd - Northcoast Performance - www.nthcoast.com - 585-216-1210

Part #53691 - Boss 302 Grille Pony Emblem $69.99
American Muscle.com online

-Pete

stock emblem doesn't fit on the 302S grille?

i think our car runs much hotter with trackey. i drove it quite hard today, the cabin felt like a sauna and even the front bumper got really hot.

ihatepotholess said:

i think our car runs much hotter with trackey. i drove it quite hard today, the cabin felt like a sauna and even the front bumper got really hot.
The stock emblem is held on with adhesive and I don't think he wanted to remove it.

I haven't noticed my car running hotter with TK and around town temp is usually 190-200. I ran my car on track last month in almost 80 degree temps with TK and my new grille and only saw 217 and my gauge never moved. Last Fall I had no TK and stock grill with 70 degree temps and the gauge needle moved past the 3/4 mark.

GA
2012YellowBoss said:
CaliMR said:
If you put the hole for the LS spoiler then later go back to the stock one or GT500, is the hole in a place that will be covered by the other ones?

No, you drill four holes forward of the stock ones.

I watched them put the LS spoiler on my car today. I didn't want to do that job myself- it comes in 17 pieces out of the box - yikes! Once you drill those holes its a commitment, just like a shaker hood.

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:

The stock emblem is held on with adhesive and I don't think he wanted to remove it.

I haven't noticed my car running hotter with TK and around town temp is usually 190-200. I ran my car on track last month in almost 80 degree temps with TK and my new grille and only saw 217 and my gauge never moved. Last Fall I had no TK and stock grill with 70 degree temps and the gauge needle moved past the 3/4 mark.

thanks Rick! looks like i need to order myself a new grille

TMO Supporting Vendors