The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litsnsirn said:
Hi Mark,
Any update on VIN 1ZVBP8CU8D5266986
Still at Flat Rock?
Thanks,
Jason

No change. AAI is currently on a 3 week shutdown as of November 5th, so that may be why it hasn't moved out of Flat Rock yet.

jmbboss302 said:
No change. AAI is currently on a 3 week shutdown as of November 5th, so that may be why it hasn't moved out of Flat Rock yet.
What's the reason for the shutdown?

5 DOT 0 said:
jmbboss302 said:
What's the reason for the shutdown?

They are expanding certain areas of the plant for the upcoming Fusion launch. They needed some downtime to do the required work.

Hi Mark,

Do we have a railcar number for 1ZVBP8CU3D5269696 yet?

I'm about ready to change my screen name to GottaGetaRailcarNumber! :)

-Mike

litsnsirn said:
Still in shutdown?

Yes, still in shutdown. But, as of the November 15th update:

In Transit - Received - C43 (Autoport Limited ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Nov-15-2012, 08:38 ET - ETA, Nov-06-2012

Railcar number assigned for 1ZVBP8CU3D5269696 yet?

I'm doubtful but still hopeful that some progress was made this holiday week.

Thanks for all the updates.

GottaGettaBoss said:
Railcar number assigned for 1ZVBP8CU3D5269696 yet?

I'm doubtful but still hopeful that some progress was made this holiday week.

Thanks for all the updates.

No rail car number yet.

GottaGettaBoss - As of the November 23rd update:

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX900982 (Norfolk Southern Corp ) - Ramp 58, Melvindale, Mi - Nov-23-2012, 16:00 ET - ETA, Nov-28-2012

It has a rail car number, but I dont think it has departed Melvindale yet.

litsnsirn - As of the November 26th update:

In Transit - Received - 01p 27 (Allied Systems Ltd ) - Ramp 2P, Cottage Grove, MN - Nov-26-2012, 18:47 CT - ETA, Dec-03-2012

It left Flat Rock on November 20th by rail and arrived in Cottage Grove, MN on November 26th.

jmbboss302 said:

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX900982 (Norfolk Southern Corp ) - Ramp 58, Melvindale, Mi - Nov-23-2012, 16:00 ET - ETA, Nov-28-2012

Thanks. That's encouraging.

Do you get updates on the railcar's progress or is there somewhere else I need to go for that? Thanks. -Mike

GottaGettaBoss said:
jmbboss302 said:

Do you get updates on the railcar's progress or is there somewhere else I need to go for that? Thanks. -Mike

Yes, I can get updates while it travels by rail. As of the last update, it still hasn't departed Melvindale yet.

jmbboss302 said:
GottaGettaBoss said:
jmbboss302 said:

Yes, I can get updates while it travels by rail. As of the last update, it still hasn't departed Melvindale yet.

Mark,

Thank you very much for providing all the updates.

I heard from my dealer yesterday with the news that my car has arrived in town and will be on a transport to the lot today! I'll be picking it up on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks again for your efforts. It's very good of you to take the time and make the effort to get this information out to all of us impatient prospective owners.

- Mike

GottaGettaBoss said:
jmbboss302 said:
GottaGettaBoss said:
jmbboss302 said:

Mark,

Thank you very much for providing all the updates.

I heard from my dealer yesterday with the news that my car has arrived in town and will be on a transport to the lot today! I'll be picking it up on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks again for your efforts. It's very good of you to take the time and make the effort to get this information out to all of us impatient prospective owners.

- Mike

Yes, it is in town. Here is today's update:

In Transit - Received - I - 033 (Pacific Auto Transport ) - Ramp 24, Las Vegas, NV - Dec-01-2012, 09:00 PT

Hey Mark, Having taken delivery back in October, I hadn't been back for a while. Just stepping in to say thanks again for helping keep track of this for all us. For those still waiting, it'll happen. March through October was tough, but since then, three road trips, one auto cross , and a much improved daily commute so far. SBY #2474

jsgalent said:
Hey Mark, Having taken delivery back in October, I hadn't been back for a while. Just stepping in to say thanks again for helping keep track of this for all us. For those still waiting, it'll happen. March through October was tough, but since then, three road trips, one auto cross , and a much improved daily commute so far. SBY #2474

Glad to help out!

My SBY 2013 302 LS went down the line at Flat Rock last week on 12/12/12. Does anyone know what the current unique LS number series are up to of the expected 750 units?

TMO Supporting Vendors