The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
5 DOT 0 said:
Justin said:
looks like a bag of skittles :)
At MMP. I wonder if that's a new crop of BTA cars?

I was at Track Attack 20 Jun, and no '13s in the garage, but that doesn't mean they weren't in a different garage.

I agree on the skittles--good one.

Awesome. The black LS's are my favorite color on the Bosses and it would be tough for me to choose which one I like best.

dc3cf075.jpg

If I hadn't found the LS I was going for a GB but yes the black and gray was my favorites since the pics came out of the car mounted on it's side. I am just not flashy enough for some of the bright colors.

byronj said:
It looks like youre missing more than just a piece. Unless I cant tell from the angle of the pics but isnt some of your hood stripe missing?

No the LS stripes do not go all the way to the center stripe like the standard 2013 hockey stick does. The LS stripe stops at the Boss 302 logo. You can get a better view of this on Gremlinsteve's pics of his painted hood vents.

BLAZN BOSS

06GT to 13LS said:
A few just after getting it home to find a piece of stripe missing.

dc3cf075.jpg

c581d7c7.jpg

ccdc0da8.jpg
I notice your in Va...........where at?..........Im in Gloucester

Pretty well. I came out of a Caterham Super 7, so the Mustang's size is a big change, but the car is easy to point, brakes well (especially in a straight line!), corners flat, and powers out of turns nicely. I'm still playing with the tire pressures and damper settings, so I expect the balance will change a bit more before (it pushes a bit more than I would like).

drano38

Wayne
athens7,
Less than 10 posts, and you've already got track session pics--very nice.
You'll enjoy it on the track.

with the silver key i seem to miss a lot of the 2-3 shifts. it goes straight into 5th gear. the first time i did it i said to myself that it must have been me that is doing it, the driver..

now after about the 5th or 6th time i think not.

the car does not do this at all on the red key. tested back to back. take it for what its worth. it could still be the user. stock shifter ect.

drano38 said:
athens7,
Less than 10 posts, and you've already got track session pics--very nice.
You'll enjoy it on the track.

The Boss 302 owner's manual supplement said to not drive the car in competition environments for the first 1000 miles, accordingly, it had 1200 miles on it when I did an SCCA double PDX at Atlanta Motorsports Park in June. It was hard to be patient for 1000 miles ;D!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel