The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vermont
Thanks for all the nice comments. Hope to see some more 1st and 2nd generation Boss photos from others.

PS, took my 2013 Race Red to a local cruise-in last nite and about an hour after I arrived, in pulls an identical 2013 RR Boss that the owner said he purchased in Bow, NH on Tuesday! Small world.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
7013Boss said:
Thanks for all the nice comments. Hope to see some more 1st and 2nd generation Boss photos from others.

PS, took my 2013 Race Red to a local cruise-in last nite and about an hour after I arrived, in pulls an identical 2013 RR Boss that the owner said he purchased in Bow, NH on Tuesday! Small world.

Small world indeed. That other Boss would be this car;

http://s846.photobucket.com/albums/ab29/ace72ace/2013%20RR%20Boss%20302%20-%20Grappone/

That was the one I tracked in the Build Schedule thread to have a look at a Race Red Boss in person. This had just rolled off the truck as you can see. Do you happen to know what production number that one was? Did you find out where the owner lives, NH/MA/VT ? Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing any under hood shots of yours either...? What is your production #? I'm just curious what mine will be...

Where was the cruise night? Would be quite a sight to see 3 Race Red 2013 Boss Mustangs all in the same place this summer. I am thinking I want to do more informal cruise night, drive-in type gatherings, rather than be locked into a formal car show with judging, at least for now...

Vermont
ace72ace said:
7013Boss said:

Small world indeed. That other Boss would be this car;

http://s846.photobucket.com/albums/ab29/ace72ace/2013%20RR%20Boss%20302%20-%20Grappone/

That was the one I tracked in the Build Schedule thread to have a look at a Race Red Boss in person. This had just rolled off the truck as you can see. Do you happen to know what production number that one was? Did you find out where the owner lives, NH/MA/VT ? Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing any under hood shots of yours either...? What is your production #? I'm just curious what mine will be...

Where was the cruise night? Would be quite a sight to see 3 Race Red 2013 Boss Mustangs all in the same place this summer. I am thinking I want to do more informal cruise night, drive-in type gatherings, rather than be locked into a formal car show with judging, at least for now...

Thanks for the pics - it must be the same car. I didn't get his production number; mine is 529. I believe the owner lives here in the Burlington, VT area as he works at the same company as one of my local friends, who also owns a pretty fast Stang (a 2011 Shelby Super Snake). Our cruise night is every Thursday at Bayview Eats in Colchester (Malletts Bay), VT from 5-8. That would be awesome if you can join us some Thursday night with your new Boss. Hope you don't have to wait much longer for it.

ace72ace

I can say with certainty that it's the same car, I tracked it through the build thread, and then went and saw it, fresh off the truck. The sales guy over the internet chat assured me that if I wanted to come up and see it I'd better do so fast, they were getting a lot of interest in it... Turns out he was 100% right. Glad the guy who showed up at your cruise night was able to get what he wanted, and could afford the ADM they were no doubt asking for... Hopefully it wasn't too steep, but he bought it so that's all that matters. I'm sure there will be deals at or below MSRP come fall / winter, but then you wouldn't have the fun of owning it the first summer it was produced.

If you see him again, see if you can get him to join the forum or get an email address so we could set a date. It's a long drive from southern NH to keep driving up 'just because'. I hope to have my Boss by the end of June, 1st week in July at the latest if there are no delays or production holds.

I can give the owner of the car the high resolution originals I took if he wants them, but would need to contact info.

Same here ACE... Though I am still getting the run-around from my Dealer, now the story is that he has to sell the GB 13 BOSS he has on the showroom floor first (its sold, but the paperwork is not filed yet), once its sold he said mine will be built (Fords' Rules supposedly). I highly doubt Ford is holding the car I ordered until he finalizes the paperwork on the GB though. I have found 4 other Race Red in my area but all but 1 are asking $3,000 to $5,000 ADM. Hopefully I can acquire one soon.

Keep the photos coming guys! It's all I have to keep me going at this point from taking a ass-whipping to the next dealer that says "I need $3-$5K over sticker to sell this car".

Vermont
ace72ace said:
I can say with certainty that it's the same car, I tracked it through the build thread, and then went and saw it, fresh off the truck. The sales guy over the internet chat assured me that if I wanted to come up and see it I'd better do so fast, they were getting a lot of interest in it... Turns out he was 100% right. Glad the guy who showed up at your cruise night was able to get what he wanted, and could afford the ADM they were no doubt asking for... Hopefully it wasn't too steep, but he bought it so that's all that matters. I'm sure there will be deals at or below MSRP come fall / winter, but then you wouldn't have the fun of owning it the first summer it was produced.

If you see him again, see if you can get him to join the forum or get an email address so we could set a date. It's a long drive from southern NH to keep driving up 'just because'. I hope to have my Boss by the end of June, 1st week in July at the latest if there are no delays or production holds.

I can give the owner of the car the high resolution originals I took if he wants them, but would need to contact info.

ace72ace - I will definitely make him aware of this forum and ask him for his e-mail address next time I see him. I'm sure he'd like those high res photos of the car.

I never brought up the subject of price. I guess I was lucky enough to pay MSRP on mine so I was a little reluctant to ask him how much he paid. (I drove down to Autofair Ford in Manchester in January and they wouldn't budge on a 5K markup so assumed Bow dealer would be likewise.) Maybe he did better with an on the spot deal, hope so.

rpm3dinc said:
Same here ACE... Though I am still getting the run-around from my Dealer, now the story is that he has to sell the GB 13 BOSS he has on the showroom floor first (its sold, but the paperwork is not filed yet), once its sold he said mine will be built (Fords' Rules supposedly). I highly doubt Ford is holding the car I ordered until he finalizes the paperwork on the GB though. I have found 4 other Race Red in my area but all but 1 are asking $3,000 to $5,000 ADM. Hopefully I can acquire one soon.

Keep the photos coming guys! It's all I have to keep me going at this point from taking a ass-whipping to the next dealer that says "I need $3-$5K over sticker to sell this car".

rpm3dinc - good luck. Hope things work out with your dealer. Saw your thoughts on possible additions to your car and I think the louvers would look great. Love the louvers on my '70 but it does hurt rear visibility IMHO (hate backing that car up, lucky never hit anyone or anything) so will leave off my '13. Since you asked for more photos ;), here's one last shot of my RR.

_DSC8057-1.png

ace72ace

Just checked out the location of your cruise night... just under 200 miles away! I think I would want to maybe find a bed and breakfast and check out the area with the wife. That bay really looks beautiful on Google Earth.

Start point of a 5 day 2500 mile rally to the Dragon. Will post a full thread later this week. Just got home.

e3a1e93e.jpg

ace72ace

Way cool. Was your Boss the only one there? How did your brakes feel, up to the task? Looking forward to reading your thread.

Jeff said:
Start point of a 5 day 2500 mile rally to the Dragon. Will post a full thread later this week. Just got home.
Very nice. Tell us more about the rally.

Vermont
batman48195 said:
I was out driving with my GF and came across this bridge in these trees. I snapped a few pics.
Brian

496e6e07.jpg

bd897443.jpg

a5703ccc.jpg

Thanks for posting, great setting and beautiful car. I have seen one SBY in person and the color just really pops. I think I would have bought that car if I hadn't already ordered my RR (and it was available at MSRP).

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Thank you. I think you got the right color (RR) since you have the matching 1970 Boss to go with it. All the colors are great this year. Everytime I see RR, PW or GB I think "maybe I should have gotten that color" LOL

Take care,
Brian

TMO Supporting Vendors