The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 Ford Performance Parts Catalog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krt22 said:
Hmmm, those are very nice pieces. I might have to do the arm rest in alcantara as well!

was just looking over those instructions...doesn't seem hard to do and I'm a sucker for alcantara. I'd have digged it if they'd done more...top of door panels...headliner...?
I know it's costly, but I swapped rides with my neighbor over the weekend in the R and his GT4 and that GT4's interior is just so well-done. I wish we'd had the option for fixed-back seats in the R so we don't have to mess with seat swapping.

Another small mod request...black-out vinyl stickers to cover the silly warning stickers on the visors?

just talked to FP about the oil catch cans and they pointed me to this for the pass side:
http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=25938

and said the driver's side will be ready in about a month.

Yeah the GT4 interior with the LWBs is indeed quite nice.

I wonder if we have enough folks, if the guy at redline can make alcantara door card inserts and a roof liner. I know there are shops that do it locally, but I think they are quite pricey.

Before I purchase a FP oil separator for my GT350, wanted to check here for any recommendations for other brands? Based on interweb research, JLT and Bobs are front runners. JLT for its simplicity and factory hoses/connectors. Bobs for its superior design/performance. FP for its factory fit.

I am looking for effective, factory looks and ease of use.

I just ordered the FP separator and my next choice would be Bobs. Ford used Bobs on the Track Tour cars.

I prefer to use FP and heard the same about Bob's on Track Tour cars. Bob's has inlet going into lower portion of the can and outlet towards the top. By design less oil get recirculated back into intake. I just can't see if Ford version has the same feature.

VoodooBOSS said:
I just ordered the FP separator and my next choice would be Bobs. Ford used Bobs on the Track Tour cars.

mattlqx

Mustangless
C7 B8 said:
Before I purchase a FP oil separator for my GT350, wanted to check here for any recommendations for other brands? Based on interweb research, JLT and Bobs are front runners. JLT for its simplicity and factory hoses/connectors. Bobs for its superior design/performance. FP for its factory fit.

I am looking for effective, factory looks and ease of use.

I got a UPR system because it has both sides. The dirty side uses the can and the clean side has a smaller piece that goes on the intake and drains oil back into valve cover. UPR has factory fittings and includes mount to the radiator support. Plug and play. I'm liking it so far.

IMG_0985.jpg

Guys, today I contacted ford performance and asked about the oil catch cans for the GT350 or coyote. The part numbers are as follows. The right side is currently available but on back order. The left side will be available next week.

Right side: M-6766-A50
Left side: M-6766-A50S

Also those of you that want to use GT350R springs the part numbers are as follows.
Front: FR3Z-5310-M need 2 each
Rear: FR3Z-5560-T need one
Rear: FR3Z-5560-P need one

Very interesting the rear springs are different as well

Any word from them on updated magneride tuning for the stiffer springs?

krt22 said:
Very interesting the rear springs are different as well

Any word from them on updated magneride tuning for the stiffer springs?
Remember that the rear springs are wound clockwise on one side and counter clockwise on the other. One of the differences between GT350 and rest of mustangs.

Steven Riley said:
Remember that the rear springs are wound clockwise on one side and counter clockwise on the other. One of the differences between GT350 and rest of mustangs.

Why is that? Sorry if it missed it elsewhere.

Do you have any info on the rear spring rates? I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything. I know the following...
GT350 front spring rate is 194 lb/in
GT359R front spring rate is 240 lb/in
Both rears show 914 lb/in.
My guess is just the spring heights are different.

Steven Riley said:
Fully aware of that, was talking about the different springs between the GT350 and R.

It would be strange to me if they were shorter and the same rate.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel