The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S197/BOSS 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Auto-Blip Install and Instruction Information

I installed the Auto-Blip before my last run at Watkins Glen. Worked perfect and definitely eliminates any thoughts of messing up rev match, heel/toe thing. Smoother downshifts seemed easier on the car, and really liked the ability to adjust delay and duration. Pricey but it works!

As I'm sure is stated elsewhere on BMO a few members and I were at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in February 2013 and rented their academy cars. The cars had AB installed and we got a chance to try it out. I liked it so much that when I got back I contacted the owner of AB to get more information. The rest is documented in this thread. I suspect there's at least 20 BMO members that have purchased the AB and installed it.

For me it works really well and I would buy another one in a heartbeat. The ability to adjust the delay and duration allow you to dial it in to your driving style. As has been mentioned is allows you to really concentrate on your braking and let the AB to the blip for you. I'm just out having fun in my Boss and this device allows me to enjoy it more. Hopefully others will post up their opinions.

I was one of those at Chuckwalla with Rick and I too bought the AB immediately after that event. Thus it has been a year and half using it and would not consider for a minute going back to toe-heel. I never was great at toe-heel and the AB allowed to improve my braking skills dramatically and ultimately my lap times. Gotta love technology!

I'm interested in its street behavior too. I don't track my car but I heel/toe on the street every chance I get and would do it more if the pedal placement were more conducive. How often does it blip when you don't need it to?

65sohc said:
I'm interested in its street behavior too. I don't track my car but I heel/toe on the street every chance I get and would do it more if the pedal placement were more conducive. How often does it blip when you don't need it to?
Depending on where you locate the box it's easy to turn on and off and you can do so while driving. When on it will blip the throttle every time the brake is applied and then the clutch pedal depressed.

IMG_2403_zps203b045b.jpg

Is it cool at first but then becomes annoying so you shut it off or do you not even think about it after a while?

If you wanted to remotely mount it you could put a small switch in the dash or somewhere descrete yet accessable and tie it into the box to turn it on/shut it off. Is the on/off switch on this thing a toggle or a momentary interrupt type ?

The button is on the IC, like integrated into it ? I'd need to see a pic of that. Are there no legs on the PCB for the button at all ?

As long as there are some legs on the interrupt switch that connect to the PCB, soldering to it shouldn't be terribly difficult. I think the hardest part is picking a place to put the switch that looks factory or can't be seen but is still easy to get to.

Then again, I used to replace DC pins and stereo mini jacks on laptop motherboards for spare cash so I might be a little bias when I say it shouldn't be too hard.

Just fitted mine after a year in its box, i thought this was a neat place to fit it, just inside the rear stowage box on the right hand side near the top so i could (if i wanted to) adjust it or turn it on easy.

As ive mounted it using the velcro i have enough slack to pull the the tunnel to have it in easy reach.

If you put your finger stowage box you can feel a hole just above the 12v socket, thats where we fed the wires

P1060332_zps1a9abf7f.jpg

P1060331_zps59014cf6.jpg

big red one said:
Just fitted mine after a year in its box, i thought this was a neat place to fit it, just inside the rear stowage box on the right hand side near the top so i could (if i wanted to) adjust it or turn it on easy.

As ive mounted it using the velcro i have enough slack to pull the the tunnel to have it in easy reach.

If you put your finger stowage box you can feel a hole just above the 12v socket, thats where we fed the wires
I like where you put yours. May have to copy when I get one!

big red one said:

P1060332_zps1a9abf7f.jpg

P1060331_zps59014cf6.jpg

Not quite on topic I know but can't help noticing the UK personalised plate, like it. Might have to check what's available for when I bring mine back home. ;)

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Discount code is not working...

Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

TymeSlayer said:

I'll check my sources... Might've gotten # wrong

Spoke w/ Andres at auto blip and he said:

'Use the "Add comments about your order" under the payment method section to enter the discount number. I will then apply the discount when we process the order. I will them email a receipt that will reflect the discount. They won't be charged the full amount as shown when they check out.'

good luck,
Larry

TymeSlayer said:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel