The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S197/BOSS 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Auto-Blip Install and Instruction Information

LTNYC said:
Spoke w/ Andres at auto blip and he said:

'Use the "Add comments about your order" under the payment method section to enter the discount number. I will then apply the discount when we process the order. I will them email a receipt that will reflect the discount. They won't be charged the full amount as shown when they check out.'

good luck,
Larry

So do you know how much the discount is for? EDIT: never mind, I just seen your add in the discount code section. 5%

AUTO-BLiP

Supporting Vendor
Houston

Hello everyone!!! :)

Just wanted to let you know we are running a Christmas special for a limited time. So if anyone has been thinking about buying an AUTO-BLiP, now is the best time! Order now and we will give you $20 dollars off your purchase!
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Andres

WWW.AUTO-BLiP.COM

Hey Rick,

Getting the AutoBlip installed and should have it at Laguna on Friday ... Have pictures / information on your settings that you have dialed in so I can start there as a baseline?

Jared

Start in the middle and adjust from there. You can look at mine on Friday.

All installed and ready to be dialed in at the track. No problems with calibration and no problems with wiring thanks to the feedback here and knowing what to look out for. Thanks to James Jeffers at Pinnacle Performance Motorsports for putting together a real clean install in the glove box. Open the glove box and you can reach/adjust the box from the driver's seat. Close the glove box and it's out of the way.

Some Pics:

17727179810_1b03648ac7_z.jpg
BlipBox Install by Jared Elson, on Flickr

Back of glove box:

17728519509_46e959700c_z.jpg

Detail:

17294308543_00d4701d67_z.jpg

Top View:

17911735772_3ec2d48042_z.jpg

Installed:

17727195800_4b9e6237b8_z.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Originally I was not sure about this as I thought, proper downshifting with rev matching was my responsibility. However, I've change my mind after doing research on a suitable replacement clutch kit. I have learned that downshifting can place excessive or undue shock loads through the MT82 gear sets and synchro sets.

Then looking at one of our experienced Members recent post, I noted he mentioned a heavy downshift event just prior to having clutch problems that resulted in replacement.

I down shift well, and always rev match, but I certainly can not do it consistently every time, day in and day out, as I'm only a humanoid!

It seems to me that a proper installed and adjusted Auto Blip box will provide 100% consistence in rev matching downshifting resulting in reduced shock loads to the transmission assembly. For those of you that run an Auto Blip, can you recommend a dealer offering good pricing and service?

Also, in your experience with this unit is there any thing I should know prior to taking the AB plunge? Thank you in advance for your thought, advice and retailer recommendations.

Dave,
302 Hi Pro

Dave are you planning to use this driving on the street or just for use on track? If just for the street it will work but get annoying driving around at slow to moderate speeds. I turn mine off when driving on the street. When it is turned on everytime you apply the brake and then depress the clutch you will get a blip of the throttle.

Surely if I can install one you can. ;) To order go to the AB website and order direct and don't forget your discount code

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

NFSBOSS said:
Dave are you planning to use this driving on the street or just for use on track? If just for the street it will work but get annoying driving around at slow to moderate speeds. I turn mine off when driving on the street. When it is turned on everytime you apply the brake and then depress the clutch you will get a blip of the throttle.

Surely if I can install one you can. ;) To order go to the AB website and order direct and don't forget your discount code

I would only use this on the Track as i see the value of this device during late braking deceleration corner entry where a down shift is advantageous just prior to turn in.

Also I see some concern in regard to the discount code of 5150, (5% discount), but I will try it during the checkout process. I did look to order this through BFR, as posted else where, but did not see the product offered.

Thanks ever so,
Dave
2HP

drano38

Wayne

Dave,
You'll really like the Auto-Blip. I've had mine a couple years now.
Lets you focus on braking, and turn in.
I find that for each turn, I'll find the brake board I need for braking, then a later board for my shifting spot, which is the 2 board at the tracks I generally drive. Makes for more consistent corners.
Read all the posts in this thread, and you'll have plenty of advice on installation, even how to undo a couple of the connectors.

I consider myself really good at heal/toe shifting, but I installed auto-blip this spring and am really, really happy with it.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

You guys are making it hard to pass on this mod.

After watching video from VIR I believe I need this. Heal and toe was OK, just OK. Heading into 1 dropping from 135 to 45 in a crowd and I shifted down too early. Too many tricks for this old dog to accomplish at the same time. I also has problem with my foot hanging on the gas pedal keeping revs too high. Bad. Surgeries on right foot make it hard to "Feel" placement on pedals at times.

A few tech questions. Is the wiring long enough to allow installation in the compartment at the rear of the console?

Once set, how often, if ever have you adjusted the device?

Is the BMO discount still available?

I believe the wiring harness is long enough to place in the rear compartment of the console, see post #233. I rarely adjust mine but you will need to turn it on and off. The $20.00 discount is still available and send Andres an email to order.

[email protected]

P1060332_zps1a9abf7f.jpg

Where I have mine installed has worked well and it's never in the way. This location may not work for a 2013 as they have the small screen and the AB may block part of it. Note I can't adjust my steering column up any further but I never need to anyway. It's held in place with VHB Velcro and I can remove it easily if I need to move the column up.

IMG_2403_zps203b045b.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

NFSBOSS said:
I believe the wiring harness is long enough to place in the rear compartment of the console, see post #233. I rarely adjust mine but you will need to turn it on and off. The $20.00 discount is still available and send Andres an email to order.

[email protected]

P1060332_zps1a9abf7f.jpg

Where I have mine installed has worked well and it's never in the way. This location may not work for a 2013 as they have the small screen and the AB may block part of it. Note I can't adjust my steering column up any further but I never need to anyway. It's held in place with VHB Velcro and I can remove it easily if I need to move the column up.

IMG_2403_zps203b045b.jpg

Yep, saw that. I didn't know if he had to extend the wires or not.

Thanks

Nope, it was all standard wiring

Ive now got to change it over the the Laguna seca

Anyone know the removal procedure?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Re: Auto-BLiP Install and Instruction Information

Broke down and finally bought the AutoBlip. Will put it in when I start my install on my new Sullivan race pedals. Can't wait to check it out on the track.

Re: Auto-BLiP Install and Instruction Information

TymeSlayer said:
Broke down and finally bought the AutoBlip. Will put it in when I start my install on my new Sullivan race pedals. Can't wait to check it out on the track.
Nice. You'll want to completely remove the front seat for better access and practice some yoga to limber up a bit too. :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel