The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S197/BOSS 302

Fabman

Project: "Frankenstang"
Messages
2,663
Reaction score
1,608
Location
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Re: Auto-Blip Install and Instruction Information

Also please post up if you're using an AB and I'll update the first post in this thread.

I have:

Jza1736 Jason
pufferfish Steve
DG Darren
Steveespo Steve
LS110 John
thebull ??
reakhavoc Gregg
NFSBOSS Rick
jdasch1 John
DaddyFixer
Boss_302 Doug
wwilde001 William

Nicholas Smither
Anthony Alm
Paul Donatt


Add Fabman...
 

Fabman

Project: "Frankenstang"
Messages
2,663
Reaction score
1,608
Location
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Re: Auto-Blip Install and Instruction Information

My AB has sudden become irregular in when it kicks in. 50% of the time it works just fine, and the other 50% there was no blip. This just started occurring yesterday and was like that all day. Up till now it has worked flawlessly. Anyone else experiencing this? At first I thought it was timing between when I braked and clutched, but that proved not to be the case as the problem occurs when both are applied simultaneously. Doing the quick math and the number of downshifts I did, I am guessing the problem occurred 100 times. No wonder my legs cramp up at times :p
Yes, I noticed that too...it wasn't working at all then it started kicking in sporadically at Laguna Seca. Now that I'm back at the shop it seems to be working perfectly. Figures.
 
Last edited:

Fabman

Project: "Frankenstang"
Messages
2,663
Reaction score
1,608
Location
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
The leds light up correctly when I press the pedals, even the blip blinks when I engage the clutch while pressing the brake pedal but it does not actually blip it.
Yes, this is exactly what I have been experiencing...the lights indicate everything is working, but no blip. Now today in the shop it seems to be blipping just fine but at the track it wasn't working 90% of the time and the other 10% was a surprise. I read in an earlier post that someone wasn't pushing the clutch in far enough....could this be the problem here? The lights indicate blip tho....so I am cornfuzed.
 

scmscout

TMO Advanced
Messages
171
Reaction score
60
Location
Vancouver, WA.
I had the same problem, it ended up being a bad connector splice to the throttle sensor, I must have redone it a half a dozen times, each time testing the connection which tested fine, plugging it back in just to have it not work. I took the splice connector apart and could see nothing wrong so I finally gave up and soldered the connection. End of problem. I had a sore back for a week after trying to finagle my way around under the dash for half a day!
 

2012Boss302

TMO Addict
Messages
732
Reaction score
120
Location
Sugar Land, TX.
Time to resurrect this. I am getting ready to do my first track day since installing the Autoblip.

I am using zero delay and about 1/4 on the blip knobs. This is where I have set it for street driving.

Is this a good starting point for the track or should I raise the blip rpm???
 

Big Black

Good, fast<del>, and cheap</del>
Messages
204
Reaction score
181
Location
shaking piggy bank in bedroom
I have one and it works flawlessly, but I am a highly skilled installer ;)

I would start at about 1/3 and 1/3 for both, then you may want to raise duration as you develop your Auto Blip "skills"...
 
Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top