The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ben Calimer MT82 installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No dog lol. I'm running the RST clutch. Most times I rebuild the customers trans but if I happen to have a core I'll build it and sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shipping normally runs 100-150 across the United States each way. I'm in pa so say to Texas or California it will be closer to 150

Ben built me a stage 2 a few weeks ago,unfortunately my luck would have it i had to send it back to him,he took it apart and found that the snap ring popped out of the 3-4 hub and detroyed my syncros.The hub was moving back and fourth,didn't even have 200 miles on it.He said 1st time for everything,hope to get it back soon.Ben does take care of his customers,only thing that sucks was $200 to install his tranny,now $200 to reinstall my oringinal tranny and now $200 to reinstall his tranny,adds up fast. Haven't quick shifted yet so I can't say how nice it is,I'll keep everyone updated when I get my stage 2 back and installed with the mgw race spec.Already have a rst clutch.

Are all MT82s the same? In other words, does an MT82 out of a V6 Mustang have the same gear ratios, bolt patterns, etc? I want to keep my eye out for one.

Ben - if you have a spare transmission waiting to be rebuilt, please let me know. Thank you.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
bcalimer said:
Broke the stock long block NA mt82 record this weekend with a 10.6 at 127.

Ben, could you give us an idea of your engine mods and rwhp?

Car made 483 on race gas. Stock 2012 gt long block stock cams long tube headers cj intake mono blade throttle body.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
bcalimer said:
Car made 483 on race gas. Stock 2012 gt long block stock cams long tube headers cj intake mono blade throttle body.

Good numbers. Car must have seen a weight reduction to run like that with 483HP.

Very impressive all the way around.

bcalimer said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PdkqpHVJvDY&feature=youtu.be

This is the current trans in my car. Fully lightened gear set and shafts cryo treatment and rem polishing of all internals including blocker rings and ceramic bearings. MGW race spec shifter McLeod RST twin disk clutch.

Ben, I live near liberty and was going to have them handle it, but your pricing is the same and sounds like you have a very good review. Also, you mention ceramic bearings.. I view those as a must - how much extra on top of the level 2 transmission for the ceramic bearing option?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
chefron50 said:
Ben built me a stage 2 a few weeks ago,unfortunately my luck would have it i had to send it back to him,he took it apart and found that the snap ring popped out of the 3-4 hub and detroyed my syncros.The hub was moving back and fourth,didn't even have 200 miles on it.He said 1st time for everything,hope to get it back soon.Ben does take care of his customers,only thing that sucks was $200 to install his tranny,now $200 to reinstall my oringinal tranny and now $200 to reinstall his tranny,adds up fast. Haven't quick shifted yet so I can't say how nice it is,I'll keep everyone updated when I get my stage 2 back and installed with the mgw race spec.Already have a rst clutch.

Chefron50:

It's been about a month since your above post, so may I ask: How did this all work out? Is the repaired BC-MT82 installed and if so, How does she shift? Aside from the $600 in R&R labor, what were your shipping expenses? Did BC assisting you with any of your additional expenses?

I would like to head this route in the spring/summer of 2017, (or sooner), when it comes due for a clutch assembly replacement on my little 2012 "Miss Kona" Boss 302.

Thanks in advance for the update.
302 Hi Pro

twistedneck said:
Ben, I live near liberty and was going to have them handle it, but your pricing is the same and sounds like you have a very good review. Also, you mention ceramic bearings.. I view those as a must - how much extra on top of the level 2 transmission for the ceramic bearing option?

Ditto, you have piqued my interest. Where in PA are you?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just another update, went to the track these last two weekends and have not had a single bad shift. I did upgrade the clutch at the same time to a Spec 1, but apart from that the shifting is smooth and the dreaded 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 5th upshifts are zero drama now. This is by far my favorite upgrade (fix really).

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel