The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best Resonators for Lowering Volume of 5.0 with Full Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
USA
Welded to the exit of the X. They made it a little deeper and quieted it down a noticeable amount. The GT500 axle back was the final piece for quieting it down.

Screenshot_20211026-121235_Gallery.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
USA
Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Scottsdale
Here is the option I am going with since I did not pass sounds limits at one of our tracks. I am taking out the Corsa double helix and putting in a Magnaflow Dual In/out. They already have an X pipe running through the body of the muffler and then will run a second X to try and get the double helix benefits.

An 1100whp 5.0 enters the chat! Wow very cool.

Massimo - I was between the S550 6 pistons/15" rotors, the 2013/14 GT500 6 pistons/15" rotors, the GT350 brake kit that Full Tilt Boogie offers, and then the Stoptech 6 pistons/15" floating rotor kit came up for a bargain sale price so I jumped on the deal. They were super light on my scale compared to the OE Boss parts and the pedal feel was superb - firm, short stroke, yet still easy to modulate and heel and toe. Oh, and WAY more braking power than the OE 4 piston brakes with Ferodo 2500s. My research on the S550 6 pistons is that most people are not happy with the increased pedal travel so you might want to check around on that yourself.

Stoptech closeup.jpg

An 1100whp 5.0 enters the chat! Wow very cool.

Massimo - I was between the S550 6 pistons/15" rotors, the 2013/14 GT500 6 pistons/15" rotors, the GT350 brake kit that Full Tilt Boogie offers, and then the Stoptech 6 pistons/15" floating rotor kit came up for a bargain sale price so I jumped on the deal. They were super light on my scale compared to the OE Boss parts and the pedal feel was superb - firm, short stroke, yet still easy to modulate and heel and toe. Oh, and WAY more braking power than the OE 4 piston brakes with Ferodo 2500s. My research on the S550 6 pistons is that most people are not happy with the increased pedal travel so you might want to check around on that yourself.

View attachment 69620
A bit of a late reply on this, I just now saw this post. I actually had no idea about the increased pedal travel on the S550 6 pistons! Glad you mentioned that. The StopTechs look real nice, good to hear that you're loving them. That will be a later mod for me, but I'll definitely be considering this stuff when I look for my brake upgrade!

I actually sold that car a few months back to a good friend but he loves the Stoptechs, too. They really are impressive. Stoptech apparently matches their calipers to a specific application and master cylinder so they end up with excellent pedal feel.

As for the S550 6 piston brakes and poor pedal feel, there is recent chatter in another thread about that very problem:

I actually sold that car a few months back to a good friend but he loves the Stoptechs, too. They really are impressive. Stoptech apparently matches their calipers to a specific application and master cylinder so they end up with excellent pedal feel.

As for the S550 6 piston brakes and poor pedal feel, there is recent chatter in another thread about that very problem:
Sounds like they’re a great company! I’ll definitely be looking into Stoptech when I do my brake upgrade. Ya I definitely had no idea about the S550 brakes problems.

On another note, I just ordered some 3” Magnaflow 14419 mufflers for just past the midpipe. Really can’t wait to install them and see what the new setup sounds like. Thanks for all of the advice from everyone on my resonator questions! I’ll update back here on what the new setup is like.

TMO Supporting Vendors