The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Re: those with shifter issues, enter now!

I Beta tested this with lot's of mods:

MGW Shifter
Whiteline Trans Bushing
Steeda (Stiff) Engine Mounts
DSS Driveshaft
McLeod RXT Clutch

All but the one piece driveshaft where aimed at improving shifting. In terms of shifting accuracy, the MGW and Steve's mount made the greatest improvements by far. Following Steve's mod I no longer have to second guess the trans. Any shifting issues are now down to the driver.....

And you get a DS safety loop!

I now have a low mileage Stifflers DS safety loop for sale.......

athens7 said:
I'm sure this has been discussed, but what effect will this more solidly tied together assembly have on interior NVH and shifter vibration? I drive my car 14,000 miles/year, mostly in town, plus my 7-8 track days. I have an MGW but no other shifter/transmission mods.

The NVH is negligible, I may be the only one with actual noise but that I believe is due to having pulled the shifter up against the trans tunnel, even so I can barely hear it since it occurs above 3k so I don't get it at cruising.

drano38

Wayne

Ordered.
Mine shifts pretty good, but hey, might as well do this and maybe I can shift more aggressive on track.

Great job Steve, congratulations on another well designed product.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

Hi Steve

Perfect work.
I've send you a E-Mail with a Shipping Quote request for Switzerland.

If patrickshelby also order this great mod possibly you can send all together to switzerland.
[/size]
[/size]Thank you
[/size]Andreas

Order placed, thanks and great job. iPad doubled my order though so I will call you later to stop one of them.

does this work with the Ford Racing/Barton shifter?? If so, i'm in...as it's either THIS or a new Tremec XL to solve the transmission issues for good!! Let me know, so i can get one ordered asap if so. Thanks

LUke

SHOULD WORK LIKE A CHAMP. I DO BELIEVE ITS ONLY THE MGW THAT NEEDS AN ADPATER.

STEVE, FOOD FOR THOUGHT..YOU SHOULD POST ALL BRANDS OF SHIFTERS THAT THE TRANS MOUNT WILL FIT.

Steve, I placed and paid for one, but forgot to mention we run the MGW shifter. What do I need to do to get the MGW adapter?
Thanks!!!

SC BOSS said:
does this work with the Ford Racing/Barton shifter?? If so, i'm in...as it's either THIS or a new Tremec XL to solve the transmission issues for good!! Let me know, so i can get one ordered asap if so. Thanks

LUke

I would believe it does since the Barton/FRPP unit doesn't replace the lower box which is what the bracket mounts to, since it is stock it will work.

Will a Barton 2 post shifter bracket work with these?
Or does the kit do away with it?
Thanks

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

this kit has all the parts to work with every shifter on the market today. here is the list of parts it will and will not work with:

stock shifter: YES
MGW shifter: YES, but can't use heat shield, if equipped
Barton shifter: YES
Steeda shifter: YES
FRPP shifter: yes
SR Performance shifter: YES
Hurst shifter: yes
don't know of any others out there, but as long as they use the stock shifter box (as all but the MGW do), it will work.

whiteline insert: YES

it will replace any shifter brackets, so none of those work with it.

i am uncertain if some driveshaft safety loops will work with it, but since this is one, there's no sense in having 2!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

TMSBOSS said:
Ordered yesterday. Did not mention that I have an MGW shifter.

What do I need to do?
nothing. the kit includes mounting for the mgw box was well as the stock box.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel