The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had just spent $425 on an MGW shifter and $45 on a Whiteline Bushing the day I found this thread so don't feel too bad. (I may install both for the ultimate MT82)

TGR96 said:
OK, so I find out about this lit'rally two days after I order a Barton two-post bracket! The story of my life...

Re: TEST PARTS TEASER PIC!!

pufferfish said:
got the test parts today! everything looks fantastic and fits brilliantly. aluminum is black anodized, just as the final product would be, but the steel still needs powdercoating. still have commitments from suppliers for the end of the month, so Labor Day is still a good ship date!

testparts_zps32c1f7ff.jpg
Groovy logo Steve!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
site is back upon limp mode. there is a disconnect between paypal and the site still, so the only method of payment is by check, which means you will be emailed an invoice to be paid by cc or paypal after your order is placed.

hope to have a real solution soon.

pufferfish said:
site is back upon limp mode. there is a disconnect between paypal and the site still, so the only method of payment is by check, which means you will be emailed an invoice to be paid by cc or paypal after your order is placed.

hope to have a real solution soon.
computers can make life easy but can also make life a PIA. how did we ever survie without them. So many hackers and scam artist would be without work.

On a serious note...what a time for that to happen. Your about to reveal the mod/fix of 2014 and chit hits the harddrive.
I'm no geek so I cant offer any suggestions. hope all the bugs get straighten out and your back up and taking orders.

I like the changes that you made to the final product from the beta testers bracket. I know my comment on the bracket was taken and used. which means you listened to everyones comments and acted on it. Really dig the final bracket with the logo. Is that etched or completely burned thru.

How long till they start shipping? I'm quite sure there are alot of mt-82 owners that need there fix .. :p

Awesome design, looks solid. Love the over-engineering between the orange and yellow brackets (8 bolts) to eliminate any extra flex. I am very excited to get my hands on one. Just placed an order online. Please send me a paypal invoice.

Thanks Steve!!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
thats just it. i am eliminating the tug of war. the shifter will no longer have any attachment to the floorpan. it makes the transmission function exactly the same as the magnum xl trans, but without the pricetag and compromise gear ratios!

your mgw is mounted to the floor pan. this mount will get flipped upside down and be attached to this bracket that connects rigidly to the lower part of the transmission.

Hello Steve;
I watched the install video again and figured out what you were doing with the new brackets and deleated what I wrote but you must of read it before I deleated it. Thanks for the information.

Tim

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
no pressure, but sales have been unreal and there are 12 left unspoken for in the first batch. the sale ends when they are gone. then the regular price and the next batch will be ready around the beginning of october.

Ultrakla$$ic

ωιℓℓ ωσяк ƒσя ωнιρρℓє!!!!
Ordered one early this morning and paid by credit card. I forgot to put in the comments that I had an MGW shifter but I'm thinking it don't matter. Seems like it'll work without an issue.

TMO Supporting Vendors