The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In my industry some customers (and a lot of other big dollar built-to-order equipment) make us sign onto a commit date and price reduction for every day/week it is late in arriving on their loading dock. I'm not sure if you can do that with a machine shop unless you are a big customer. Or go into a contract of XXXX kits per month. I think that is doable with this solution for at least a year or two from now. Look how fast you sold 300! And now you have a lot of exposure working with CJ Pony. This is not going to end any time soon so I hope you can find good help.

Here is a guy who came up with a novel solution that no one else thought of and made that solution available to us utilizing his own time, money, and torn up knuckles to develop it. He then invests what I assume to be a chunk of money to get these into production after which he then offers us this solution to fix a problem we all knew about when we bought these cars.

Steve thank you for all your hard work on this and congratulation on the success with CJ. I will be a long time supporter of Blowfish.

Bob

Ultrakla$$ic

ωιℓℓ ωσяк ƒσя ωнιρρℓє!!!!
pufferfish said:
just a quick note and then back to work:

"reject" means the part did not meet quality standards and was returned to be reworked or remade to meet those standards. it does not mean your will receive a Goonies Sloth looking part. It means that you will receive quality parts, just the same as everyone else, just a couple days later.

look, i understand you have all waited a very long time and are getting impatient, but i have been nothing but honest and have always stated they would start shipping around labor day. i would have hoped for prior to labor day, but it is THE FIRST WEEK AFTER LABOR DAY and they are shipping! i consider that a HUGE victory! anyone who deals with vendors making product for you, knows they care little about your deadline. they don't even care about the date they promised you or the due date on the purchase order. they do it when they do it...unless they get some peckerhead calling them daily to ask how they are on schedule. that peckerhead was me and i am doing exactly what i said i would do. don't piss in my cornflakes and tell me i didn't get things done when promised. let me ride this high, knowing i made the impossible happen. is that too much to ask?

"Goonies Sloth" and "peckerhead" .........Pahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious!!! ;)

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
As Steve stated, some of you people have no idea what it takes for him to pull this off by himself, I for one applaud his insight, achievement and time line to produce and release his game changing product.

Everything he has commented on from the beginning has been factual and on time.

I can chime in on this because I did a very similar product and experienced first hand what he is going through at start up.

The product Idea is the easiest part (not really) but prototyping the final product, sourcing quality materials, qualified vendors, product distributors, retailers, packaging and shipping is the difficult part. Then you need to retain your day job to pay the bills and deal with all aspects of another full time job simultaneously.

Then the pricing has to be determined to allow for product liability insurance, advertising, distribution and retailers to take their piece of the money pie.

After all this is completed there is always someone that says your stole their idea " Barton" and wants to take it to court for another time wasting, money bleeding adventure.

If that's not enough every manufacture in the business will immediately start the process of maneuvering around Steve's patent to produce a similar but inferior product usually made in China for less money and he will require a boatload of funds to defend his patent and all you had to do was pull out your credit card.

This is far from an easy get rich process, so give the guy a break on this "shipping thing" unless you step out of your office cubicle and actually do something like this you will never know what it takes.

Thanks again Steve for your perseverance and remarkably calm demeanor replying to the winers.

+1+1!! I'm just glad there's a guy like Steve who actively works on improving the shortfalls that we experience in our vehicles and just doesn't throw out another "me too" product. I'm happy to support those that support us, that's why I'm here.
Dave

Steve, it's just "Thank You" from me. I have a tracking number and the part gets here when it gets here. The biggest part of my "Thank You" is for rooting out the problem, solving it and making the solution available to all of us. I now have some sense that I will get to enjoy my Boss...for the first time since buying it.

IF Barton had the idea two years ago and didn't come to market with it, screw him. The availability of that product would have saved me three transmission rebuilds and a transmission replacement, requiring months of my car in dealer service departments. That's two years of enjoyment of my Boss that were stolen because he decided not to market the idea. Again, thank you for putting the solution on the market.

First one to the patent office wins. I'm glad you took the extra time to protect your investment against predatory companies that might emerge from the woodwork.

Ultrakla$$ic

pufferfish said:
if you ordered from me and have not received a tracking number, its coming soon, i promise. all but 34 orders have been fulfilled as of right now. the last 34 are waiting until tomorrow, as i am expecting some reject parts to come back tomorrow all fixed up to complete the last kits needed for my orders. i am expecting another 100 units to be ready next friday, so its starting to roll out! thank you all for your patience.

Any update on this? Still no tracking number for me. Thanks!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Steve has helped me out several times now and I have found him very professional. Way beyond the norm..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Question for you guys that have received it.
Did you have to sign for the package? Because my tracking no. says delivered, but no box or a missed delivery slip! :eek:

Ultrakla$$ic

F.D. Sako said:
Question for you guys that have received it.
Did you have to sign for the package? Because my tracking no. says delivered, but no box or a missed delivery slip! :eek:

26207543_BG2.jpg

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
For those without tracking numbers, please check your spam folders first and it it's not there, email me from the website (emailing here just goes to my personal which I don't check often). I know some of you by name, but others not so much. Thanks!

Ultrakla$$ic

pufferfish said:
For those without tracking numbers, please check your spam folders first and it it's not there, email me from the website (emailing here just goes to my personal which I don't check often). I know some of you by name, but others not so much. Thanks!

Just sent a message via your website via Customer Service message thingy majiggy with question.

Never received tracking and sent email. I did however drive out to Harrisburg to pick one up this morning and it is awesome! Took me about a half an hour to install it on the lift.

TMO Supporting Vendors