The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BMO Parking Corrals at the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebrations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFSBOSS said:
Good luck with your purchase. We're at 28 for Charlotte and 30 for Vegas so we're well past the minimums. You should join us anyway though. Will you be doing a track day as well?

Probably not. She is freaked over the money going out for the car as it is (registration and all that) and just getting out there might be hard. Track day is out. One side of me says 'But remember how much you send when YOU go to Vegas' and the other is just happy to have a mustang to play with again after selling my Boss 351.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
TimBoss351 said:
Probably not. She is freaked over the money going out for the car as it is (registration and all that) and just getting out there might be hard. Track day is out. One side of me says 'But remember how much you send when YOU go to Vegas' and the other is just happy to have a mustang to play with again after selling my Boss 351.

Once in a life tyme event.

I say, go now... Regret later... ;D

For the Charlotte group, who has signed up for what evening activity? After the sticker shock of how much they were, is there one we want to pick to go to, or should we make our own evening activities/dinner as a BMO group? Up for suggestions. See you there!

wwilde001 said:
For the Charlotte group, who has signed up for what evening activity? After the sticker shock of how much they were, is there one we want to pick to go to, or should we make our own evening activities/dinner as a BMO group? Up for suggestions. See you there!

I signed up ( along with my friends who are going ) for all the dinner events, welcome party, birthday party and banquet on Saturday

I hear they are almost full

I figured it is a once in a lifetime kind of event

I say the ones coming to Charlotte that are not attending the "Dinners" we could meet up somewhere and eat...

I also hear that there is a "World Record" cruise to attempt a world record, and I know where they are doing it... supposedly its $10/car to participate, but still trying to confirm that...

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Too bad a record wasn't being attempted overall. It would be nice to be able to say "Yea I was there, I helped make that happen" Regardless of where you are going and will end up, it will be an absolute blast.

rpm3dinc said:
I say the ones coming to Charlotte that are not attending the "Dinners" we could meet up somewhere and eat...

I also hear that there is a "World Record" cruise to attempt a world record, and I know where they are doing it... supposedly its $10/car to participate, but still trying to confirm that...

Count me in for an off-site dinner get together if one gets organized....

Me too, maybe somewhere with parking. I'm sure that won't be easy unless it's setup ahead of time.
Who knows Charlotte and is not signed up for the dinner and evening hoopla?

I would suggest not going into Charlotte if you don't have too... The Track is on the edge of Concord, so stay in the Concord, Kannapolis Area... Twin Peaks would be a good place, they have a pretty good sized lot and "Scenic Views" if you know what I mean... (about 3-4 miles from track)

There is also Quaker Steak and Lube, Decent sized lot and "Car Themed" food. Hooters, etc, right near the track (about 2 miles maybe). Steak N Shake, which is more "Fast food" than anything but still good.

If you come into Concord, there is Chillis, O'Charleys, AppleBee's, some Sea-Food places (if your into fish and stuff), a place called "Punchies" which is a 50-60's style dinner.

So there is no shortage of places to eat, or park really...

Anybody that is running the track event and wants to split a garage, give me a PM. I'm running all three days, and think it would be worth it, if for nothing else as a place to hang out...Lawn Chairs, cooler, and a meeting point.
Bill

rpm3dinc said:
I would suggest not going into Charlotte if you don't have too... The Track is on the edge of Concord, so stay in the Concord, Kannapolis Area... Twin Peaks would be a good place, they have a pretty good sized lot and "Scenic Views" if you know what I mean... (about 3-4 miles from track)

There is also Quaker Steak and Lube, Decent sized lot and "Car Themed" food. Hooters, etc, right near the track (about 2 miles maybe). Steak N Shake, which is more "Fast food" than anything but still good.

If you come into Concord, there is Chillis, O'Charleys, AppleBee's, some Sea-Food places (if your into fish and stuff), a place called "Punchies" which is a 50-60's style dinner.

So there is no shortage of places to eat, or park really...

I don't think I would want to attempt Charlotte, I hate cities anyway, to much congestion. I was thinking because of the size of the crowd migrating there parking may be a problem, because all those people are going to have the same idea. I should have said someone from the Charlotte area that knows where the to find good food where it's easy in, easy out. Twinpeaks sounds like an option, do they take reservation?

update: Now I know what you mean. http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/locations/concord/

I'll have my daughter so I would have to on my best behavior.

TMO Supporting Vendors