The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually, Fab, Chile is considered a 1st World Country and surprisingly by some standards is often noted as the only one in South America , but.................obviously not roll cage ready, ha!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Actually, Fab, Chile is considered a 1st World Country and surprisingly by some standards is often noted as the only one in South America , but.................obviously not roll cage ready, ha!
Did I mention that I failed Geography? But I was really good in shop class.
I don't know much outside of the US and much of what I see here isn't very encouraging either but that's a whole other thread that I don't wish to participate in.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Lol... in truth its inbetween a 1st world country and a turd world one. Dam spell check!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Lol... in truth its inbetween a 1st world country and a turd world one. Dam spell check!
How did you get there? Aren't you from here?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I hope your mechanic doesn't follow you on TMO...
Lol... he lurks here quite often looking for ideas. Actually am pretty sure he would would agree with me. Love living in Chile and the country has been good to our family, but things can be incredibly hard to get done. Some times it feels like your living at the end of the world! And then you notice...You are!

Does not mean there are lots of good people trying to make things better. But its 7 seven steps forward and 5 back.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
How did you get there? Aren't you from here?
Long story... Basically Dad is English, Mom was German (ish), Born into mining so we lived all over South America. Even lived in Arizona, California, Utah as a kid. Then off to Vancouver, Canada for ages, and finally down here to Chile full time since 93.

Built our first engine with my brother in Vancouver before I had a drivers permit. And ever since then, dreamed about racing a car....That was over 40 years ago!! Time just flys by!!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Long story... Basically Dad is English, Mom was German (ish), Born into mining so we lived all over South America. Even lived in Arizona, California, Utah as a kid. Then off to Vancouver, Canada for ages, and finally down here to Chile full time since 93.

Built our first engine with my brother in Vancouver before I had a drivers permit. And ever since then, dreamed about racing a car....That was over 40 years ago!! Time just flys by!!
I was always wondering about this backstory. What do you remember being your favorite places to live?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I was always wondering about this backstory. What do you remember being your favorite places to live?
Have very fond memories of being a 8 year kid living in Park City Utah. Just had a hoot in the forests, though we only stayed there for 6 months (summer). Then I guess it would be Vancouver. Great place to growup. Our kids are studying in Vancouver now, but not sure if its as nice as It used to be. It was a place were normal people could buy a home!! Not any more.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Around here it's getting to be where the normal people might have to move to Chile to do that!
Funny thing about that!! I have seen nice houses in Texas that are a lot cheaper then down here in Santiago, the capital....... Its getting to the point that a million dollars does not get you what you would think. But not as bad as in Vancouver. There its getting to the point that a barely livable Shack is reaching 6 figures.

Well getting back to the theme at hand.... After months and months of dry weather and quarantine. We now have the tracks open, with a rain warning for the 29th... I might be mad, but not mad enough to race this car in the rain again. If its wet, this hatter is watching.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well looks like we have our final list of cars for our race on the 29th. We get two qualy sessions of 15min then two races of 20min. Was hoping for over 20 cars, but its still a pretty good number of cars for us in any case. Both categories race together at the same time. Anyone who has a time of under 2:05 is moved up to the faster category. Thats pretty much the only rule apart for the safety regs. My best so far is at 2:06. All I have to do is change a ARP stud and bleed the brakes and we are ready to rumble.

1629757769050.png

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Well looks like we have our final list of cars for our race on the 29th. We get two qualy sessions of 15min then two races of 20min. Was hoping for over 20 cars, but its still a pretty good number of cars for us in any case. Both categories race together at the same time. Anyone who has a time of under 2:05 is moved up to the faster category. Thats pretty much the only rule apart for the safety regs. My best so far is at 2:06. All I have to do is change a ARP stud and bleed the brakes and we are ready to rumble.

View attachment 67744
Go get 'em!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel