The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS 302 OWNER AGE??POLL

What is age of Boss Owners?

• 0-21 yrs. old

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • 22-31 yrs. old

Votes: 45 12.8%
  • 32-41 yrs. old

Votes: 69 19.7%
  • 42-51 yrs. old

Votes: 117 33.3%
  • 52-61 yrs. old

Votes: 82 23.4%
  • 62-71 yrs. old

Votes: 31 8.8%
  • 72-81 yrs. old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TO OLD TO DRIVE

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great, not only do I have the most popular color but now I'm in the most popular age group. :p So much for being unique. :D

I have to say, this car reminds me a lot of my collage days. Back then I had a '71 Z-28 RS with a modded 350 and B&W 4 speed that would do 13.5s in the 1/4 mile, but it was set up for road racing. It had 50 series tires front and rear, Recaro seats and a roll bar. It was painted bright yellow and very loud with it's long tube (all there was back then) headers and glass packs which I replaced with Sonic Turbo mufflers. That was a fun car, but the Boss is so much better.

It has been said before but it's worth repeating, kudos to Ford for making the 2012 Boss right.

One other thing, I wish FORD made a key/program to make my 2012 Boss sound like my 70 Boss with the hydraulic lifters.....That was one of the coolest sounds you will ever hear just sitting there running.
Also I hope we look as good as CHER when we get to be 65 LOL....

302BOB said:
Those were the days...although my Boss is giving my 442 memories a run for their money............
Well said Bob, my '67, '68, '69 442's had always been my all time favorite cars I've had, this Boss is on the way to overtaking that spot! ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
LING952 said:
One other thing, I wish FORD made a key/program to make my 2012 Boss sound like my 70 Boss with the hydraulic lifters.....That was one of the coolest sounds you will ever hear just sitting there running.
Also I hope we look as good as CHER when we get to be 65 LOL....

If we had her money and plastic surgeons I bet we could ! ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
At 24 I was either driving my 'Knight Rider' Firebird or my Pontiac Fiero. Times have changed for sure !

cali-NT54 said:
I'm one of the younger owners being only 24, #3012 in Kona Blue. ;D

Nice! It's great to see that some of the younger ones can have muscle cars like I did at that age.

Of course I saved every penny while I was in Vietnam just so I could buy my hot rod when I got back.

Mine was a '69 442 W-30! For it's time it was awesome, doesn't even compare to the Boss for speed, handling and especially stopping! It did have a fantastic idle to it though.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
ufnavy06 said:
27 here. Fortunately, the Boss is not my DD and my '06 GT was my first car I purchased for and paid for myself. My MINI Cooper S JCW is the 2nd and the Boss the 3rd. I came from a classic muscle car background as my dad had a '67 Vette vert (shoulda been a GT500, don't get me started) but also a 911 growing up, so they entice me as well. And my dad has an E46 M3 vert (ironically he tried to get me to buy one instead of my '06 GT and who knows if I'd have a Boss now if I had done that.)

I read your tag of "Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face." under your picture and laughed out loud. Where is that from?

Brian

iT DOESN'T SURPRISE ME THAT MY AGE GROUP ARE THE BIGGEST OWNERS OF THESE CARS.. FROM A FINANCIAL STANDPOINT WERE FOR THE MOST PART ARE AT THE AGE WHERE WE HAVE PEEK IN TERMS OF WEALTH. I KNOW A FEW STANDARD BOSS OWNERS WHO LIKE MYSELF ARE PAYING CASH FOR OUR CARS. THE FUNNY THING I WAS BUYING AN M3 UNTIL I CAME ACROSS THE A STANDARD BOSS. AND WATCHING A SPECIAL ON THE SPEED CHANNEL ABOUT THE BOSS. I WENT BACK TO THE BMW DEALER GOT MY 10K DOWN PAYMENT TOLD I WAS GOING OVERSEAS SINCE I AM A COLONEL IN THE MARINES. THEN I CALL DEALERSHIP AFTER DEALERSHIP. THEN IT OCCURED TO ME EVEN THOUGH I AM IN GA CALL THE DEALERSHIC IN NC WHERE YOU BOUGHT ALL YOUR PREVIOUS PONIES. GAVE THEM MY CARD NUMBER AND THE REST IS HISTORY ... CANT WAIT UNTIL MAY 2012

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
At 60 it seemed like a good car to go with my nickname, " Fastoldman," but then since I have had that moniker for over 10 years, I am afraid the only one left might be " Slowoldman. " Figured the Boss would keep that away for awhile , as this machine can make anyone fast. Liked the comment from the Marine Colonel , as I have lusted after an M3 for years -- one drive in a Todd Soderquist's LS and the lust became dust. I knew then that I would be getting a Boss sometime in the future.

Competition Orange , the fastest color, now in my garage

2012 Boss 302 number #012

Let's not start the fastest color thing again. It is well known that the white ones are the fastest, because they were so fast that the colors couldn't stick.

TMO Supporting Vendors