The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 BOSS 302 Race Car Build Thread Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
the 2011 connectors are hit or miss. Mostly boss cars were affected, but I had spun a 2011-harnessed motor to 8200+ without ill effect.

I'd say its somewhere in the middle between when/if. That said, it wasn't a big enough cost to deter me from making the changes on my harness.
Good point. I am certainly doing it. Just getting the car track ready-ish for next weekend and can't get them in time. I will post in my build thread. I am working 8 hour days yesterday, today and tomorrow since I finally got ll the parts.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
They are not going to fail on you on your first track day or days. I tracked my car 6-7 events per year for probably a year and a half or two years before they gave me issues.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
3rd of 6 in-class today and 4th overall at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA. My race times were over three seconds slower than my qual times :( Too hot for A7s. Going to run Rs tomorrow--basically forced to anyways since I managed to cord one of the As.

However, my qual time was over two seconds faster than my best time from last year's event here--so that is good :)

18581890_10101659158395274_6349918488077687757_n.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Also I have been looking at some old threads on here regarding ECT/CHT, looks like CHT limp mode limit is 255. I thought it was 245. I have my overtemp alarm set to come on at 240, but I will change it to 250 after this research. I didn't realize I had another 10 degrees to play with. Saw 244 at Auto Club this weekend even with the mesh grille and sealed radiator/bumper stuff--but lots of time spent above 7000 RPM.

Last edited:
3rd of 6 in-class today and 4th overall at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA. My race times were over three seconds slower than my qual times :( Too hot for A7s. Going to run Rs tomorrow--basically forced to anyways since I managed to cord one of the As.

However, my qual time was over two seconds faster than my best time from last year's event here--so that is good :)

18581890_10101659158395274_6349918488077687757_n.jpg

God, I so wish my car was not in pieces. I was planning to go this weekend. But in any case, everything will be installed by the end of tomorrow. I'm sure I will see you soon at some event. And congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Cliffs Notes:
3rd of 6 in-class, 4th overall on Saturday :)
1st of 5, 2nd overall on Sunday :)

Write-up and videos to follow

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Saturday's race. Long battle and ended up 3rd of 6. Sunday's video uploading now...enjoy :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Sunday's race. Got the win in-class (out of 5) and 2nd overall! First 6 minutes are the most action, the rest is just figuring out traffic :)

This was my first "away-region" victory!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Great work and nice driving. I am curious which battery relocation kit you used or did you go custom like most of your build?
Charles:

I used a lightweight (Odyssey PC680) in the stock tray and location. 30lbs weight savings and no heavy, large gauge-wire running through the car. You have to cut the stock plastic tray a little for clearance but overall a very simple replacement.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel