The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 BOSS 302 Race Car Build Thread Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Tucson302 said:
Damn look at that sexy black Boss in the background!
:)

I'm hoping to see some pics from Chris & Josh this week... :)

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
ArizonaBOSS said:
:)

I'm hoping to see some pics from Chris & Josh this week... :)

Yeah they showed some of there arial videos, it looked very cool so looking forward to seeing the finished product

And for what it's worth I have never seen as many cars off track as I did this past weekend. That track was tricky!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
steveespo said:
Drew did you lose it yourself or did you have some help? I couldn't tell in the video. Seemed like you were struggling with the car the whole session. I have tailights in a box if you need the one.
Steve

No help, car just stepped out at a very inopportune time. Think the lower LCA holes are too much roll oversteer for this track. Also I'm planning on getting a big ass wing now.

I may take you up on the tail light--body shop is working on getting one w/ a whole quarter panel but we'll see later this week.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
Sorry, that sucks! I feel your pain.

I know you do :( I was thinking about your Mid-Ohio experiences on the trailer haul home. It will all be better soon, though.

Bumper cover and tail light already in-house. Replacement decals ordered.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Watched the video again and I heard a sound just before I see your hands react...what was that noise? Right between the 7:38 and 7:39 time. I think it's just before the start/finish line.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Neema: Nothing special so far. Less lateral grip than P-Zero take off slicks. Was running them around 36psi hot, might take em down a little more. But, for $110/tire, I can't really complain. I wonder what they were like before they sat in the warehouse for a year.

Grant:

I hear that too in the video. Could be the suspension, could just be a rock. Nothing broken in the suspension. Car ran great all day the next day.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
For those of you that didn't see the other thread, here is the video featurette that my buddies shot that weekend:

Also I will probably apply a fresh set of BMO decals to the rockers after the car gets back from the body shop, the existing ones are getting pretty beat! Good thing I have spares :)

rNKmvF7.png

Also here are some progress pics of the body work. Interior of car was largely undamaged and the exterior sheetmetal straightened pretty easily from what my guys say. Replacement quarter panel inbound!

UC93wO2.jpg

WKZpY9N.jpg

Also they are re-spraying my Tiger hood to eliminate rock chips (after which I will clearbra it), and filling all the spoiler holes in the decklid in preparation for a 67" APR 2D wing as shown below:

v70T6ng.png

I should have the car back end of this week or early next week, then the wing can go on and I can cleabra the hood and apply the replacement decals.

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Seems like the perfect time to put some scoops in for a diff cooler. And to do any seam welding in the area.

Nice to see her getting put back together quickly! 8)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Also I am signed up to run Miller Motorsports Park (East track only) at the end of this month with NASA Utah. Will be a good test of the car on a higher-speed track with the new aero before we hit Laguna Seca at end of July.

Grant: No seam welding or diff cooler stuff going in :) Good ideas, though!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors