The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Owners Package arrived.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I forgot to mention an interesting tidbit about my Boss 302 Owner's Package that arrived today. The typewritten recipient's name was redacted and my dad's name was hand-written next to it. I could still make out the name that was blacked out. It read "Fred Savage"...

Has anyone else received a Boss kit with a blacked out name? Just curious.

Thanks Larry! Merry Christmas to you and your family too. Much appreciated.
I also read of a Canadian who received documentation on their Boss, but the post I read said that he bought his car in the States.
I wrote a letter to Steve Couvel, Vice President of Sales of Ford Canada and am awaiting a reply after the holidays.
You never know till you try.
Thanks again
Piero

Finally the wait is over and just in time for Christmas, Thw package was delivered today and perfect condition. Put it under the tree as a present for me from Ford.

Thank you Ford

Well, a story here for Boss #1289. I bought the Boss after another gentleman sold it to Carmax, 800 miles after purchase. I found it online, had it shipped to my town, bought it that night. Shortly after, I started thinking about who had originally bought it and why he sold it so quick. I went online and requested a new Ford Dealer sticker, which gave me the dealership that sold the vehicle (and a sticker to put in my "Boss Book"). I called and asked them if they would please call the original purchaser and ask him to call me. I knew they would not give me his number.

To my surprise, 2 days later I got a call! Ken, the original owner, told me that he loved the car but had also ordered a 1M from BMW and just didn't have enough room given other "toys" for all the vehicles he had in his garage. He then sent me all of the information he had on the car (Original order, sticker, etc), along with a nice letter explaining for me and anyone else later in the Boss's life what happened and why he sold it.

Now, yet another sign of what a great guy Ken is, today he called me and told me "I just got this box from Ford with all kinds of goodies that are specific to the Boss, so I will send it on down to you today". What a guy! Just shows what great people Boss and sports car enthusiasts are! Can't wait for the package to make it to me in the next couple of days. Thank you Ken!

If I purchased my Boss in early November(#1908), does anyone have any idea when I should be receiving the owners package? If not, is there anyone specific I can contact to find out?

Bossy1908 said:
If I purchased my Boss in early November(#1908), does anyone have any idea when I should be receiving the owners package? If not, is there anyone specific I can contact to find out?

Bought mine the same time frame and nothing yet. Im hoping early next year buy the end for Jan.

Mine arrived, nice package - Thanks Ford for a great car and some cool stuff (Track Attack, Owners Kit, Track Key).

So for the guys that have received your package and have already attended Track Attack - have you figured out if the certificate for the driving gloves can be redeemed some other way (as we already have attended)?

Fat Boss said:
We received our gloves at Track Attack in late Aug when we were there.

I went in early October and didn't get the gloves. Got a BTA MMP white t-shirt, the Boss Piston/Connecting Rod plaque, MMP license plate frame, Track Key hero card, FR500S cards and some MMP info.

Fat Boss said:
We received our gloves at Track Attack in late Aug when we were there.
Ah but the gloves we received don't have BTA on them. ;)

Boss 302 Owners Kit from Ford

Hello All,

Just wanted to say that I finally received my Boss 302 Owners Kit from Ford on December 22and just in time for Christmas. I purchased my Boss 302 on September 16th so it took a liitle over 3 months from the date of purchase to the time for the Owners kit to arrive to finally arrive. It was certainly worth the wait and I want to thank the forum members for bringing this great surprise to us proud Boss 302 owners. The contents of this owners kit has already been mentioned before so I will not go into that.

Aloha BOSS- Bill

Mine was under the tree (#1034). It arrived the Monday before Xmas and Wife intercepted it.)
The box was crushed, but the contents were OK.
Mine even has a big boot print on the box where it was crushed.

100_5862.png

Great Package Ford! (maybe a poor choice in shipping vendor)
Mike

The first owner came thru for me. My wife contacted the first owner of #0106 (36th in Competition Orange) and he graciously sent us the Boss Owner's Kit that he'd received a few weeks ago...everything is there. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors