The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluemax said:
The West course is much faster while the East course is more technical. It is nice to run the second day (Fr500S) and experience the West course as a comparison. I would love to be able to drive the Full course some day, I bet that is a blast! :D

I ran the full track in the FR500. Had a blast but it is challenging! :)

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything

Looks like the stars are aligning for me to attend Track Attack the last week of August before Labor day this year. I have to coordinate my mom vacationing with my 11 & 13yo sons while the wife and I head out west for this event, as well as some other recreation.

Anyone else planning on the last week in August to attend?

I'm going April 11th. Anyone else going the 11th? Bill said that they will have 2013 Bosses ready for Track Attack.

It looks like they are adding a lot of days. I just signed up for May 29 and 30, 2013. These dates were not posted when I called Bill. I have taken the advice of others (including Bill) and opted for the FR500 on the second day. This is going to be great!

Got a track attack related question for anybody who went recently? I know zero about Go pro cameras, but I want to save my track experience at track attack for posterity. I don't want to break the bank on a camera I will realistically use only a few times. I saw go pro had a "hero" version for $199. What accessories do I need to get,mounts etc? Where do the iinstructors let you mount the camera, and secondly do they help set it up? I literally know nothing about cameras. Thanks for any help/advice.

Sammykjr1 said:
Sweet. I'm taking a 1200 mile roadtrip and planned a week and a half off to cruise in my GB
Well, I'm not as adventurous as you. I'm flying there the day before and leaving the day after. Where are you driving from?

cbj5259 said:
Got a track attack related question for anybody who went recently? I know zero about Go pro cameras, but I want to save my track experience at track attack for posterity. I don't want to break the bank on a camera I will realistically use only a few times. I saw go pro had a "hero" version for $199. What accessories do I need to get,mounts etc? Where do the iinstructors let you mount the camera, and secondly do they help set it up? I literally know nothing about cameras. Thanks for any help/advice.

Get the new silver$299 or black $399 and a suction cup mount. You'll be all set. They are wifi so you can start and control it inside the car.

GA

cbj5259 said:

I remember hearing the Track Attack does not allow suction cup mounts. GoPro sells a roll bar mount.
http://gopro.com/camera-mounts/roll-bar-mount

LindsayEOD said:
Well, I'm not as adventurous as you. I'm flying there the day before and leaving the day after. Where are you driving from?

Gulfport, MS. Driving over to San Antonio to pick up a buddy, the up to Denver to see my older sis. Then across US 6 for some Ass-clenching curves through the rockies.

Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbj5259 said:

I bought my Hero 2 from Walmart online for $149. The new one is much easier to use tho.

Cjmclean31 said:
I bought my Hero 2 from Walmart online for $149. The new one is much easier to use tho.

Yeah I'm finding some OK deals on them. I guess I'm leaning toward the roll bar mount as opposed to the suction cups. I may call Bill at Millersports at just find out what they recommend. I'd hate to go out there with the wrong mount.

Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbj5259 said:
Yeah I'm finding some OK deals on them. I guess I'm leaning toward the roll bar mount as opposed to the suction cups. I may call Bill at Millersports at just find out what they recommend. I'd hate to go out there with the wrong mount.

They will require roll bar mount.

Tonywaz BOSS said:
I'm going April 11th. Anyone else going the 11th? Bill said that they will have 2013 Bosses ready for Track Attack.

I'll be there as well attending with my dad, Tonywaz. Look forward to meeting you. I went last May and it is something you'll never forget!

cbj - Regarding the placement of the GoPro, the instructors are more than happy to show you the 'best' places to mount the camera. As a few others have pointed out though, I don't think they allow suction cup mounts on the inside of the car anymore. I believe they'll still let you stick them anywhere on the outside of the car.

Post up your videos after your class!

TMO Supporting Vendors