The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NFSBOSS said:
Has anyone checked to see what tires the BTA cars are using? Are they the BFG Sport Comp 2's and if so how are the compared to the stock Pirelli's?

From their website:

No need to bring your new Boss® 302 to Miller Motorsports Park, we’ll have a stable of fresh Boss® 302 Mustangs ready for you at the track! You’ll drive a 2012 Boss® 302 featuring a 5.0L (302 CID) 4V Ti-VCT V8 engine, adjustable front and rear shocks, front air splitter, exhaust dump valves, roll cage, Safecraft 4-point belts, Performance Friction Brakes and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires.

About the Ford Racing Mustang GT school car
These Mustangs are equipped with a variety of Ford Racing performance parts, including springs, shocks, sway bars, 4:10 ring and pinion, short tube headers, cold air intake, short shift kit, Brembo brake calipers, Performance Friction brake pads and BFGoodrich® g-Force™ T/A® KDW performance street tires. With the necessary safety equipment (roll cage, racing seats and belts), these are the perfect performance driving school cars.

About the Ford Mustang FR500S
Available as an upgrade from the Mustang GT school car in our two- and three-day classes, the Mustang FR500S is also used in our Licensing School and the MPRA, our local race series. This Mustang has many of the same upgrades found in the Mustang school car but also includes 350 pounds worth of weight savings, plus a data acquisition system, race seat and steering wheel, window net, fire system, six-speed gearbox, 3:73 ring and pinion, long tube headers, front splitter and rear wing, GT 500 wheels and BFGoodrich® g-Force™ R1™ tires.

-Matt

P.S. I just ordered some Michelin Pilot Super Sport tire from TireRack as they finally have 19" sizes available. I will update on how they handle when they are installed. Right now I have to wait until the 285/35R19's are available later this month.

255/40ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport In Stock 2
285/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport ESTIMATED 04/27/13 2

LS223 said:
From their website:

No need to bring your new Boss® 302 to Miller Motorsports Park, we’ll have a stable of fresh Boss® 302 Mustangs ready for you at the track! You’ll drive a 2012 Boss® 302 featuring a 5.0L (302 CID) 4V Ti-VCT V8 engine, adjustable front and rear shocks, front air splitter, exhaust dump valves, roll cage, Safecraft 4-point belts, Performance Friction Brakes and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires.

About the Ford Racing Mustang GT school car
These Mustangs are equipped with a variety of Ford Racing performance parts, including springs, shocks, sway bars, 4:10 ring and pinion, short tube headers, cold air intake, short shift kit, Brembo brake calipers, Performance Friction brake pads and BFGoodrich® g-Force™ T/A® KDW performance street tires. With the necessary safety equipment (roll cage, racing seats and belts), these are the perfect performance driving school cars.

About the Ford Mustang FR500S
Available as an upgrade from the Mustang GT school car in our two- and three-day classes, the Mustang FR500S is also used in our Licensing School and the MPRA, our local race series. This Mustang has many of the same upgrades found in the Mustang school car but also includes 350 pounds worth of weight savings, plus a data acquisition system, race seat and steering wheel, window net, fire system, six-speed gearbox, 3:73 ring and pinion, long tube headers, front splitter and rear wing, GT 500 wheels and BFGoodrich® g-Force™ R1™ tires.

-Matt

P.S. I just ordered some Michelin Pilot Super Sport tire from TireRack as they finally have 19" sizes available. I will update on how they handle when they are installed. Right now I have to wait until the 285/35R19's are available later this month.

255/40ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport In Stock 2
285/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport ESTIMATED 04/27/13 2

The instructors said they were moving to the BFGoodrich comp 2's and as of last week, I can confirm those were on the school mustang cars (not the bosses or FR500S's). They were saying that this was a change for this season, so my guess is the website is out of date.

Oh, I also asked what they were going to do with the track's bosses after this year, since the Boss 302 production is officially terminated: they said they were planning on having track attack next year, due to very high demand and folks like Mike I was driving with who couldn't get to track attack until the next model year was rolling (incidentally, his 2012 boss has fewer miles than my '13!)

4TR_0157.jpg
My turn in the Grabber Blue '13! What an awesome experience! Great to really find out what these cars can do! Yeah, I'm still coming down from the adrenaline rush... ;D

Back in SLC today and ready for Track Attack part II...

I attended last May after picking up my '12 in July '11 and brought my dad as a non-driving guest. We both had an incredible time of course. Fast forward eleven months and we're back for part II after he bought a '13 Laguna last fall. I signed up as a driving guest though. Will be interesting to see how the experience compares in the Mustang GT school cars...

NFSBOSS said:
They were supposed to start using the BFG SC2's. I wonder why they aren't unless they just don't hold up well. I'm looking for feedback on them as I'm considering them for street tires.
Once they burn through the Michelins they'll switch to the BFG SC2's. The teachers really like the SC2's, saying they're way better in the rain, every bit as good as the Pirelli's dry, and much cheaper than the Pirelli's.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

Fiddler49 said:
Once they burn through the Michelins they'll switch to the BFG SC2's. The teachers really like the SC2's, saying they're way better in the rain, every bit as good as the Pirelli's dry, and much cheaper than the Pirelli's.

Good to know!

Brian

Fiddler49 said:
Thanks for asking.

IMG_20130410_151149_485.jpg
So Boss and I drove our cars to BTA. Both of us on road trips with the missus. Great couple & really cool meeting another forumite!

Vermont

What an absolutely awesome experience at Track Attack, especially for someone who's never been on a track before. Learning about controlling oversteer and understeer was great too (although most did better than I did). Here's some pics from the track, garage and museum I took the day before (4/11) my track day. Highly recommend it for any Boss owner who hasn't gone yet.

_DSC9084_zps21f223b3.jpg

_DSC9136_zps44cda9a6.jpg

_DSC9127_zpsc1f046e6.jpg

_DSC9080_zps87e7bfd5.jpg

_DSC9072_zps8867ec3c.jpg

_DSC9023_zps9faa4a3b.jpg

_DSC9020A_zps0ac13922.jpg

_DSC9018A_zpsc4468ebd.jpg

_DSC9021_zpsf8b9e6ac.jpg

_DSC9045_zpsa34fc305.jpg

_DSC9161_zps6944b3de.jpg

_DSC9160_zpsd09e190e.jpg

_DSC9041_zpsc0126e7e.jpg

_DSC9029_zpsef76e9ff.jpg

_DSC9055_zps8faa0d3a.jpg

_DSC9054_zps5d58742a.jpg

_DSC9049_zps9a9498e4.jpg

_DSC9030_zps8cdd8e2b.jpg

_DSC9068_zps6ed80348.jpg

_DSC9063_zpsceda40d0.jpg

Has anyone here attended Track Attack solo? I don't have a significant other and no one really wants to spend the money to be a driver guest. A couple people have asked abt going as a non driver but don't know how serious they r. And also being military its really hard for a lot of us to make plans like that. Obviously I know the experience will rock either way. I was just curious.

Fiddler49 said:
4TR_0157.jpg
My turn in the Grabber Blue '13! What an awesome experience! Great to really find out what these cars can do! Yeah, I'm still coming down from the adrenaline rush... ;D

Hey, how did they do the rear spoiler? Was it glossy black? Was it rapped in a reflective flat gray like the side stripes? I must know! There were no '13s in our group!

Anyone have the gotta-have-it-green? Same question: how was the GT/CS spoiler painted/wrapped?

TMO Supporting Vendors