The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Wheel Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06 said:
Rick,
The KB looks much better with just the white spoiler. The rims will only add to it.
I agree. I'm now thinking about going with white spoiler and passing on the carbon fiber. But I change my mind every few weeks... You have to wonder why Ford didn't include the white spoiler with the white striped cars just like they included a black or red spoiler with the black and red striped cars.

BossJockey said:
cloud9 said:
As ar as the rears go they give it a great stance on the track and do not rub.

Would they rub if you lower your car? The stock wheel gap disappears when corning hard.
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK01DK010070&po=70&pc=845
Nope. These are the same wheels I ran on my GT500 for two seasons and it is slammed. I was running a 305/35/18 on that car as well. The suspension will hit the bump stops before the tire can hit the fenders and arcs around them anyway. Here are some pics of my GT500 with these wheels before painting and a 305 tire:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
5 DOT 0 said:
ufnavy06 said:
Rick,
The KB looks much better with just the white spoiler. The rims will only add to it.
I agree. I'm now thinking about going with white spoiler and passing on the carbon fiber. But I change my mind every few weeks... You have to wonder why Ford didn't include the white spoiler with the white striped cars just like they included a black or red spoiler with the black and red striped cars.

I hate to say it, but if there's one thing you have going for you, it's definitely time.

5 DOT 0 said:
ufnavy06 said:
Rick,
I really like the white spoiler. The white mirrors maybe. The white wheels not so much.

cloud9 said:
Are the Forgestar's up to track duty? That's pretty light and inexepnsive.
Lots of Vette's, Porsche's, Ferrari's, and Lambo's run them. If I buy them and have a dedicated set of track wheels I'll use the stock wheels for the track and the F14's for the street. I will get the F14's or the SVT PP wheels. Still leaning towards the CF GT500 rear spoiler as well. Now if I can just get my VIN...

cloud9 said:
Oh the SVTPP wheels aren't that cheap. They're more like $450 or $500 each correct? I was confusing them with the Laguna Seca wheels.
Both the SVT PP and Forgestar wheels can be had for about $1,600 a set plus shipping or tax. The Forgestar's are lighter but I don't think their rotary forged process is as strong as the true forged process used in the SVT wheels.

Anybody know the offset of the stock rear Boss wheels? For fun I put one of the rear wheels on the front, and it seem to fit fine. I'm pretty sure I won't be running the stock wheels/tires on the track though because they weight 60.5 lbs ea. :eek:.

ArizonaGT said:
THAT could be good! :cool:
Looks like I'll be in SoCal on the 16th and have a chance to stop by the Forgestar factory to inspect the wheels in person. Normally I like polished aluminum wheels but I'm trying to break out of that. Last night while out to dinner I walked by seven vehicles in a row with silver wheels so I think something different will be in order for the Boss. I still like the SVT PP wheels a lot but Forgestar has more options on widths should I want something wider for the street.

TMO Supporting Vendors