The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Challenge coin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Woah...this exploded! Very cool to see responses to this. Thanks rpm3dinc for stepping up to the plate on this. I am interested in whatever design works for a handful of the coins. Is there a poll yet?

No poll yet, I heard back from the other Coin Company and they said they will need Permission from Laguna Seca Raceway to print their logo on a coin... so we might be forced to leave that off the coin design...

I want to make sure I have all the relevant information before I put up the poll on the design to choose. I think I will limit the poll to 2 designs to pick from, that way we can get a better poll. Otherwise if you have more than 2 designs, you will get 50 for 1, 25 for the other and 5 for the 3rd... and then its just becomes crazy...

The 2 Designs I am currently sending for quotes are these 2: They have the Information and do not have the LS logo (since we would need to get permission which is a whole different ball-game altogether). LS and regular are presented in the Production Info, and that should be good enough IMHO.

Once I have quotes and information I will put the poll up... Or do you think we should do both coins and forget the poll? (Keep in mind there is a minimum of 100 Coins per order to produce... so if we do that we will need to have more orders than if we did 1 coin. (i.e., 1 Coin only will need 100 Pre-Orders, 2 coins will need 200 Pre-Orders (100 for each Coin) minimum before we can actually have them produced.

BOSSCOINS4.jpg

BOSSCOINS5.jpg

We could save some money by not having the "Gold Ring" and just having a Silver Coin.

Its up to you all, but it would save us roughly $1.50/Coin Doesn't sound like much, but depending on how many orders we get... It could make a difference. (Think of it this way, if we order 300 coins, that another $450 we have to come up with before we can place the order.

This is how it would look without the "Gold Ring":
BOSSCOINS4Silver.jpg

BOSSCOINS5Silver.jpg

I like the one with the cars on it

all silver or gold trim is fine with me

can we say standard boss vs regular? or if someone has another word??

I am talking to several different coin companies and the quotes thus far are practically identical... So now I am trying to see if the Cars will even be do-able on a small coin, and I am awaiting the response... I would prefer the cars on the coin, but only if they are going to look like the do in the design... otherwise I would rather just do the other design with BOSS 302 on front and Info on back... (Sorry Im kinda anal about that type of stuff)...

Good News, I just heard back that the coins with the Car outlines should work just fine... So once i get the digital proofs back from them I will post those images for the POLL since the will be a better representation of what the coins will look like completed. Stay tuned...

BOSS343

Theory of 1
I believe in the video included in the Owners Kit the two trim levels were just plainly Boss 302 and Boss 302 LS. No standard or regular wording used, either way those coins still look awesome and I look forward to this.

I don't know about everyone lse, but if you manufacture 2 designs, I would double my purchase just to have few of each style coin.

The gold makes them pop iMHO.

Steve

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Agree with SDS. I don't usually like the gold but it does add some nice Pizzazz.

You are correct to throw out just two possibilities on the coin or it will be impossible to get a consensus.

poll is up... I have not included the Gold ring as it would make the coins more expensive and take longer to produce...

Cost Information:

This is an estimate but it should be pretty darn close if not spot on:

$13.50/Coin (Includes shipping inside the U.S.)

Once the poll closes I will put up a "Pre-Order button" so we can start taking pre-orders. We must reach the production amount total before any coins are produced.
If for some reason we do not reach that production amount goal, then I will report what we are missing to meet that goal and we can go from there. I don't foresee a problem with reaching the amount needed to produce the coins. (but just in case I wanted to be clear as to what would happen if we don't).

Vote Here!
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7055.0

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE BOSS COINS:

Coins will ONLY be produced and shipped once we reach the goal amount to produce them.

In the event that we do not reach that goal amount, I will post on the forums about it and how much we are lacking at that time so we can make a decision as to what to do.

NO MONEY WILL BE SPENT, TRANSFERED or OTHERWISE USED FROM THESE PRE-ORDERS UNTIL WE HAVE SATISFIED THE ORDER AMOUNT NEEDED TO PRODUCE THE COINS.

Once we reach the production goal amount, I will post on the forums that the coins are being produced

TMO Supporting Vendors