The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Challenge coin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will be in for (2) that way I can put one with the ones I got in the Army and the other one for my car.

Its still doable, someone just has to take charge of finding a company, getting a price and then basically taking Pre-Orders, to raise the capital to produce the coins... Unless someone wants to throw $500-$1,500 out there to just do them up and then try to sell them...

The Design is totally Free I would just like 2 coins sent to me for my time if possible. So anyone willing to take the 'Reins' just let me know...

As far as "Permission from Ford", since we are not using the Ford Logo on the design, I think we are ok... BOSS 302 is not Trademarked as far as I know... and again even if it was, this is not a MASS Production item, its only for BOSS owners.. so I would say Go For it!

Here is one link I found of a company that makes them in 10 days or less: http://www.challengecoinscity.com

I just got back from deployment and we did a challenge coin for a fallen crew of a KC-135. We designed it and ordered them. 500 of them and we sold for $5. Most people pre orders and pre paid. I can help out also with the place, taking the orders and have someone that can design. Let me know

rpm3dinc said:
Here is another Idea i came up with... its a little more complex, but I still think its doable (Depending on the producer of the coins we choose).

BOSSCOINS2.jpg

I like the idea

I think if we go with this design, 1969 & 1970 should be removed as bmo is really about the new ones right now

rpm3dinc said:
Here is another Idea i came up with... its a little more complex, but I still think its doable (Depending on the producer of the coins we choose).

BOSSCOINS2.jpg

I like this design also.

I would suggest putting the word 'Boss' over the cars and '302' under the cars in order to balance the design on that side. I think I would also put '1969-1970*2012-2013' on the same side as 'The Legend Lives' to make more sense out of the '69-'70 dates. "Challenge Coin" would then move to the side with 'BossMustangsOnline.Com.'

Thanks for your work on this, it looks great! Very classy.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
This is a great idea. We really need to make it happen. I see no infringement on Ford here. Take Donations and get a coin would be one way to look at it if you're really concerned. I like the simplicity of rpm3dinc's design. It looks damn good but not tacky. Com'n boys, lets get this done.

Grant 302 said:
Center of the back side with the BOSS 302 in your stripe color. Maybe the car(s). Would be a pain to coordinate all the orders, but I'd certainly pay more for one with my car colors.

I'm not opposed to the color but am not sure it would look right with the current design. I think it would look best to have the color on the car but then just one car has color - or if both one car may have the wrong color (i.e. there is no 2012 SBY). So I dunno, maybe without color is best.

Also rpm3dinc, don't want to be a pest but would it be possible to do wheels/spokes/tires in black with narrow silver ring (and space between spokes in silver) so they look more realistic?

Go to www.fordgt500.com, near the top of the page click on forums, then click the heading of general discussion, there are two threads on the 1st page concerning challenge coins. They were just done for the 2014 Shelby GT500 last month and sent out last week. I ordered 4 of them. He is selling them for $12.00 a peice, the way he handled the financial part of it was he took pre orders and had a paypal account set up to receive payment. I am sure he would be more than happy to help us get the ball rolling on our challenge coins for the Boss 302.

I have requested a quote from 2 different companies with the most latest design I have posted...
I have asked for prices on the 1.5" and 1.75" coins.

I have done 2" coins in the past for my company, and they are to large to really "Carry with you" comfortably.

Maybe a "Cleaner" design would be to remove the cars all-together and just have BOSS 302 as large as possible in the center?

The cars are pretty intricate and it would be difficult to get allot of detail that small, especially on a small coin.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel