The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Challenge coin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The cars on this still might be to intricate on such a small area of coin... but what do you think of this instead? Or we can just remove the cars altogether, that way it avoids the "Can the Cars be colored, can the wheels be colored, etc... Not that its a bad thing, but kind in mind the more stuff you color, wither it be multiple colors or a single color that is more Epoxy charge and setup charge for die's and fills.

BOSSCOINSJJ.jpg

I like both designs . I would just remove the word " challenge coin" it's a given. All of my military coins don't have that word on them. I have them on a display and carry a I I coin for challenges

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
rpm3dinc said:
The cars on this still might be to intricate on such a small area of coin... but what do you think of this instead? Or we can just remove the cars altogether, that way it avoids the "Can the Cars be colored, can the wheels be colored, etc... Not that its a bad thing, but kind in mind the more stuff you color, wither it be multiple colors or a single color that is more Epoxy charge and setup charge for die's and fills.

BOSSCOINSJJ.jpg

Don't know that you need the Leguna Seca Course on the coin as not all Boss owners have one but I like the design just the same.

After thinking more about it while at a local Car gathering this morning, I think we should do something like these 2 designs... Clean Simple and still gets all the Relevant Info on the coin

We can do with the Outline Cars I did for the posters, or without for even a cleaner look...

BOSSCOINS3.jpg

BOSSCOINS4.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
rpm3dinc said:
After thinking more about it while at a local Car gathering this morning, I think we should do something like these 2 designs... Clean Simple and still gets all the Relevant Info on the coin

We can do with the Outline Cars I did for the posters, or without for even a cleaner look...

BOSSCOINS3.jpg

BOSSCOINS4.jpg

I like these, a lot.

I will take both, 3copies.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
rpm3dinc said:

That one site you posted had additional colors at $0.02 each. I didn't see any additional die or setup for more colors than 1, and we'd already have black for the first color.

I like it better without the cars. When I view the coin at 1.5" or 1.75" all the detail of the cars gets lost. Even the production info is a bit small.

Grant 302 said:
That one site you posted had additional colors at $0.02 each. I didn't see any additional die or setup for more colors than 1, and we'd already have black for the first color.

I like it better without the cars. When I view the coin at 1.5" or 1.75" all the detail of the cars gets lost. Even the production info is a bit small.

With that said,
How about a plain "Boss 302" (no cars) and 2012-2013 "The legend lives" on the face and
just the production stats and "BMO" on the back? (No need for additional Boss 302 or LS track)
That might allow more room for a larger font size for the stats....??

BTW, I got word from one of the Coin Companies, and they are eager to work with us... I told them the design was changing a bit from what I had sent them to quote, so it will be a evolving quote based on what we send for the final design, but at least we will get an idea of what it will take.

Once we know what it will take I will setup a Paypal link to "Pre-Order"... along with keeping everyone up to date on when we hit the "Order Goal" and when we should expect the coins to start shipping. Unfortunately they won't ship directly, so I will need to send them out as ordered once I get all of them.

Lets try to decide on a design soon, I will put up a POLL once I have double checked with the Coin Company to make sure the designs we have will in fact work on a coin the sizes we are looking at (1.5" to 1.75") Again, the Car artwork might be to "Intricate" to actually produce in a Molded style, so the other option would be screen print that part of the coin, but even then the size and detail might be tough... but I have to wait and see what they say first... Once I know I will post the designs up for approval from you all and we will see where we go from there. My goal is to get these produced and shipped out to you all before April if possible or sooner.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
rpm3dinc said:
So like this?

Looks good to me. I'd buy that with or without color. Doesn't even need to have the black if you raise the silver lettering.

Thanks for taking the lead on this and looking forward to the poll thread!

I tried an all "Silver" one with no Gold ring or black and just didn't really think it "looked good"... but of course like everything its doable... but not really any cheaper since we only using 2 colors at most currently...

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Personally, I like having LS on the back of the coin. It's a historical aspect of both the original cars and the current cars since it was developed there. Besides, it's my home track. :).

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel