The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Control Arms, Brackets, and more control arms (some q's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
PRO TIP: Get yourself a paint pen and witness mark anything you install in the car after it's torqued to spec. You can visually see if anything is loosening that way.
never thought about that, love how most pro tips on here are almost common sense things you don't normally think about.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Also, for 2011+, there's a hidden 3rd bolt for the EPAS rack. Its the one that shot Kennedy.

I'll update that PDF shortly.

Kidding aside, I will make a write up for this because its so far from the instruction ford gives its not funny.

Interestingly enough, the steeda arms have left me with about an inch of toe-out. No one wanted to take the car end of day Friday (lol who would), so out come the stands and strings in a bit.

Also vorshlag was right, the GT-brembo programmed rack does NOT like the firmer bushings. They're almost imperceptible at the wheel (some more feedback but hard to tell with so much toe and bumpsteer), but just takes one bit of rough pavement over 40mph to make for some entertaining demonic steering posession.

TMO Supporting Vendors