The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom side exhaust for you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just to be clear. I've been running these pipes for over a year now and haven't had a single clearance issue. This is my daily driver. I modified my kooks set to fit just like I'm willing to do for you. I'm not doing this to make money. I'm doing it in response to you guys who wanted the kooks pipes that don't actually fit. I'm offering to fix them for you. That's all I'm trying to do here. I've got mine and I love them. Get complemented on them all the time. If you don't want them it won't hurt my feelings at all. Everyone has their own ideas about what they want and if think that's great. It'll save me a lot of work if you don't . If you do want them for the price I quoted then I'm willing to do it for you. I need ten people to say yes or I lose money and won't do it.
Thanks, Steve

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
I'm definitely interested...but can't commit until I see some pictures on/off the car. Maybe I completely missed it, but I didn't see it anywhere in this thread...I only saw the Kooks videos. Am I blind?

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
Steve - Thanks for the clarification. No offense intended. Are you running these with discs/baffles, cut-outs or wide open?

Wide open . I'm going to put the qtp cutouts on one of these days. Since there are no mufflers or anything before the side pipes they are very loud. That's the way I like it. I left the spacers in so I can still use the qtp cutouts or put a baffle plate in if I decide to.

I am also still interested at the $595 price, I would hate to purchase the kooks and have fitment issues... But just like Boostd4 said I would need some pics to fully commit.

Yes of course. I would want pics myself. I will make pics and new videos before I sell the first set. Just making sure you guys still want me to do this at that price before I order the first batch of parts. As far as the way they look on the car, at least the part you can see without crawling under, will be exactly as what you see in the vid and pics I already posted. I am purchasing everything from kooks only they will be in pieces when I get them. Plus I will be adding the short piece of flex pipe on each side to fix the rattle issues and also will notch the flanges where the bolts go instead of just drilling a hole to make them more adjustable.
So far I count 2 people that are still interested. I need 8 more and I can get rolling on these.
BTW kooks may or may not use my idea. They are looking into it. If they do I know they will have to raise their selling price. I've been talking with them a lot about these. Just to let everyone know . I don't really trust them to get it right. They don't even fit their own h-pipe much less the OEM h-pipe

Thanks Steve for doing this! I am in at this price point but like others want to see pics/video of the product before final commit. I would opt in for the new flex pipe add-on as I would want to keep my OEM side pipes original.

Steve said:
Yes of course. I would want pics myself. I will make pics and new videos before I sell the first set. Just making sure you guys still want me to do this at that price before I order the first batch of parts. As far as the way they look on the car, at least the part you can see without crawling under, will be exactly as what you see in the vid and pics I already posted. I am purchasing everything from kooks only they will be in pieces when I get them. Plus I will be adding the short piece of flex pipe on each side to fix the rattle issues and also will notch the flanges where the bolts go instead of just drilling a hole to make them more adjustable.
So far I count 2 people that are still interested. I need 8 more and I can get rolling on these.
BTW kooks may or may not use my idea. They are looking into it. If they do I know they will have to raise their selling price. I've been talking with them a lot about these. Just to let everyone know . I don't really trust them to get it right. They don't even fit their own h-pipe much less the OEM h-pipe
I'm in

Sorry it's taking so long. Had a minor set back due to health reasons, and other things. I will hopefully have a video and pics for you next week. Thanks for your patience. I think your going to be glad you waited. They are going to be awesome.

I finally talked kooks into taking over my project. If they use my design and do it right they will be nice. They would have enough adjustment room in them to fit any boss h pipe . After practicing my welding skills on stainless steel. I think everyone will be happier if kooks does it. Lol. I don't really have the time anyway. They have someone's Laguna Seca in their shop right now so fitment won't be an issue. They will let me know when they are ready to start taking orders. I highly recommend these pipes over any others. Easy install is a big plus too. I'll keep everyone informed.

Steve said:
I finally talked kooks into taking over my project. If they use my design and do it right they will be nice. They would have enough adjustment room in them to fit any boss h pipe . After practicing my welding skills on stainless steel. I think everyone will be happier if kooks does it. Lol. I don't really have the time anyway. They have someone's Laguna Seca in their shop right now so fitment won't be an issue. They will let me know when they are ready to start taking orders. I highly recommend these pipes over any others. Easy install is a big plus too. I'll keep everyone informed.

Providing they do it well I think that's a good solution Steve (I'm imagining your welds. :) ). Seriously, I'm sure they have sourcing and manufacturing advantages beyond any individual - and certainly should have the knowledge. Stay in contact with them so they get it right and keep us posted.

Thanks for your work on this.

Steve said:

I wonder what they will do for those who have bought the first batch of Kooks side pipes. I am getting rattles from them hitting the body...

That's a good point about people that already bought a set. My design doesn't rattle. Kooks old design will rattle. Maybe you can send them an email about that. See what they tell you. Tell them Steve Fords design doesn't rattle like the old kooks design and you want that. It will cost them a little more to build but not much. I just hope they don't leave that part out.

Steve said:
That's a good point about people that already bought a set. My design doesn't rattle. Kooks old design will rattle. Maybe you can send them an email about that. See what they tell you. Tell them Steve Fords design doesn't rattle like the old kooks design and you want that. It will cost them a little more to build but not much. I just hope they don't leave that part out.
Before I contact them directly, did they state that it will be something that they will work on now? Or is it something they will look into per demand? And who did you speak with so I talk to the right person.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel