The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FASTEST BOSS COLOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLM

Mike
Strip off all the paint and save a few pounds a-la American Airlines. Better yet: all-aluminum body. :p

302BOB said:
My comp orange Boss is the fastest car I ever owned. When I took my brother for a ride he wondered how something so quick could be street legal lol.
what he said and at half the cost of my brother's mercedes

2012YellowBoss said:
Yes we have been through this but for those that don't know - it is

Yellow!!!

That is why we paid more for it, has something to do with airflow over the tri-coat ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbZhxOReiA4[/youtube]

So I put what I thought was a pretty compelling argument for the 'fastest color' on another forum (long ago, before I actually had my new Boss), and some have even told me that they changed their orders 'to the fastest color' last summer based on my evidence. Anyhow, 2012YellowBoss is absolutely correct! Yellow is, by far, the fastest color for a race car! Streetcar! Any Car! Gee, I wonder if Ford agrees... School bus yellow, anyone?

Yellow is my favorite color on a sports car...Speed Yellow:

img_1747.jpg

img_7506.jpg

BLAZN BOSS

Yellow Blaze MUST be the fastest color..............so fast the manufacturer couldn't keep it in their hands..........If you didn't order one soon enough it got away!!!!!!!!!!!

BLAZN BOSS said:
Yellow Blaze MUST be the fastest color..............so fast the manufacturer could keep in in their hands..........If you didn't order one soon enough it got away!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't ?

All I am saying is look at the top of this page........ It is there for a reason.

The experts compare it to a WILD white cheetah. The fastest land animal in the world by far. Few have seen one in a zoo (dealership) but almost none have seen it in the wild......

The rest of you are just straight up in denial. By all clinical accounts this is a fact. Please seek help. The first step is admitting you have a problem.....

SILVER ENVY

BLAZN BOSS

POS VETT said:
BLAZN BOSS said:
Yellow Blaze MUST be the fastest color..............so fast the manufacturer could keep in in their hands..........If you didn't order one soon enough it got away!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't ?

oops.......fixed it.

The fastest would have to be Race Red. Of course, if you wanna get technical, Carbon Fiber would be the fastest, but it is quite expensive to replicate the weave with paint :p ;D

BLAZN BOSS

Reds are everywhere............can still get one at most dealers...........cant catch a yellow one anymore! LOL

BLAZN BOSS said:
Reds are everywhere............can still get one at most dealers...........cant catch a yellow one anymore! LOL

The last time I checked there were WAY more Blaze Yellow Bosses out there then Race Red/White Bosses. LOL

BLAZN BOSS

But you can still buy a race red/white stripe.......LOL............cant catch a yellow Blaze to buy...............must be fast! lololol..........please remember all this is in fun.....I'm not knocking anyones car

Competition Orange is the only 12 Mustang color that is specific to the street Boss - they knew they had to have a fast color for that distinction!! (and I think you can get station wagons in blacks and silvers).

BLAZN BOSS

but.............you can still catch one in any dealership..........LOL

BLAZN BOSS said:
but.............you can still catch one in any dealership..........LOL

You can still catch Blaze Yellow...............on a Focus. LOL!! I'm just having fun! My first color choice actually WAS Blaze but the only one available at the time was considerably more then the candy cane beauty that currently sits in my garage. LOl!!

BLAZN BOSS

The focus wasn't fast enough so they decided to try something by painting the Yellow Blaze ............It worked!..........But back to the subject line..........the fastest BOSS color is Yellow Blaze. ;D

MNG_BOSS302 said:
Competition Orange is the only 12 Mustang color that is specific to the street Boss - they knew they had to have a fast color for that distinction!! (and I think you can get station wagons in blacks and silvers).

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

TMO Supporting Vendors