The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Floods, Fires, Fear of Covid!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
If anyone's thinking of packing up and moving to Canada, the Bangor, Maine PD has put together a helpful guide for the transition:

Hahaha! Good one.

But no need for any of those suggestions, in reality most irregular immigrants (government speak for "illegal") coming from the US just take the Roxham Road "welcome to Canada Mr and Mrs. New Canadian Citizen" border crossing that isn't a border crossing at all, just the end of a dead end road. Everyone who walks in there gets a wink wink nudge nudge freebie pass AND the Mounties who are posted there 24/7 will even carry your luggage and get you a free ride to a warm place to get your first Canuck bucks, also free! How damn good is that?

(shakes head at the joke this country has become in the last few years......)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Don't worry JDee, when I mentioned I might be coming to Canada in the future , and I told you to have my bed ready, I am not planning to stay, I just want to hang with some of the Canadian TMO Members at the track, see if I can kick a few Porsche and Vette butts and then return home.

PS - the other comment that I might consume a lot of your beer, now that was completely true!

I was 10ft tall and bulletproof at one time as well... If brand X wins, it will all magically go away in a month or so anyway. Remember, originally, there was to be 2 million deaths from this.
Apparently, no one survives COVID in Florida anyway.
1DLeJMnl.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I was 10ft tall and bulletproof at one time as well... If brand X wins, it will all magically go away in a month or so anyway. Remember, originally, there was to be 2 million deaths from this.
Apparently, no one survives COVID in Florida anyway.
View attachment 59521

That info is from July.

B1941C61-1B19-48EB-B5AF-9F3E5644E684.jpeg

Slightly more deaths...

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Even in a era where many feel the World is increasingly negative , we as human beings try to view problems in a false positive. It is often explained as a way to live through turmoil , natural disasters, war and disease. I have often found myself viewing those issues in a personal manner, because over the 10 years the US was in the Vietnam War we lost over 59,000 Americans. One of them was my father and I know how his loss and his fellow pilots affected my family and many other Air Force Families. Granted , maybe I had an inking of major loss as my father explained to me the pain he and his family felt when his brother was killed in a WWII accident ( years later ,when he died, his talk to me seemed clairvoyant ). But I also remember my great Uncle who came back from WWI with " Shell Shock " , the term for PTSD back then , but he was lucky as he was not one of the 116,000+ that died in Europe. Hard to contemplate we have had virtually double that many folks die from Covid, in way less than the time it took for those souls to die in WWI! Have we lost the humanity to realize the families are suffering no less than the families did who lost members in that Great War? But, we are not thinking about what a rapid pace of death is before us, even at 1000 deaths a day ( current data ) we aren't realizing it will not be many more months to exceed the horrid death toll of WWII. Those 405,000 gave their lives to their Country in what we call the ultimate sacrifice of the " Greatest Generation." Stop and think just a minute that we may exceed this in around one year , not the 4 of WWII !

This is what this is all about, not a me situation, but a we situation , because we are not dodging bullets , we are not in a infected cesspool trench, we are not slogging through monsoon insect infested jungles , we are being asked to simply care about our fellow Americans by wearing a mask and staying a safe distance away from each other. I am baffled about why we have become so selfish we can not make such a tiny sacrifice if it even has a small chance of making others safe?

I have had friends already die, I have had friends get very mild cases , I have had friends fight lingering issues, I just want to be around a bit longer to celebrate life with my grandson, so yes, I am hypocritical because now it is about me -----------------I don't want to be a statistic because of selfishness on such a tiny request to honor the safety of your friends, your loved ones, your fellow Americans. I will wear a mask, I will safely distance myself , because there are so many others I really care about and I have no idea who I am around that my be a carrier or asymptomatic. Stay safe, my friends!

16,964 people can’t disagree.
Compare the extremely aggressive response in Fla with that of NY, that basically, sent those infected people right back to nursing homes to spread the disease in a target rich environment.
No, I'm unwilling to wear a mask when I'm no where near another human being, that's crazy, besides the questionable effect of MOST masks..or face coverings..or whatever, that there is no specific standard being followed, so again, I question the validity of masks.. or face coverings
With regards to death stats, in my line of work, I've seen quite a few, including going through 2 years of AIDs testing myself.
I survived that, SARS, MRSA, HEP A, B and exposed to C. I can no longer donate blood. This may kill me, but I'm not going to give up my life, whatever is left of it for this COVID.
The fact that this is being used as justification for what is clearly a questionable election process ( mail in voting, specifically)that will shake this country down to the roots and functionality of our republic is, in my opinion, a far greater threat to the citizens of this country.
One more item, I've been traveling all over the US recently, the authorities preach social distancing on one hand, then cram.you in an aluminum tube for 4 hours at a pop, sitting next to each other, in one state you can't fish, or even buy paint, but you can buy pot, booze and lottery tickets.. and why is that? Because the state in question gets a cut of the extremely high taxes on pot, booze, and the lottery speaks for itself.
There are things worse than death, giving up liberty is high on that list.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
In case anyone is curious about some differences, here in Japan they never locked down like we think of a lock down. The government doesn't have the authority to order anything like that. They asked their citizens to take precautions, like wearing masks, and so far they have. They made an emergency declaration so that the government could help fund/distribute masks, sanitizer, and other medical supplies to local prefectures. For a while everyone who tested positive was to go to a hospital, but they were overwhelming the hospitals with people who barely showed symptoms and so now they just stay home until they're good to go. Shortly after people started voluntarily sheltering, the government ran a campaign (Breaking down Japan’s Go To Travel campaign) encouraging everyone to get out and travel all over the country on one of their holiday weekends here because local economies were tanking. They even subsidized travel discounts. Ever since then, with the exception of some of the health recommendations being voluntarily implemented, it's pretty much been close to normal here. Definitely not as crowded as usual, but people who are high risk (or think they are) are staying home and everyone else is back to work. Most international travel is still halted (unless you're Japanese or US military on business/official travel). The US personnel here have more restrictions than the Japanese, mainly just to keep up relations.

Mask wearing is extremely common here in Japan, even before COVID, but it is all voluntary (yes, even during COVID). During the flu and allergy seasons up to a fifth of the people I'd see traveling wore masks while in public. Not a statement in support of or against mask wearing, just pointing out cultural differences. I'm also fairly sure that Japan's ridiculously healthy diet and general lack of comorbidities is a very strong deterrent to high infection rates as well because this place is still extremely crowded compared to anywhere else I've been.

Funny story, a couple months ago there was a run on iodine here. A Japanese study came out that suggested that swishing iodine in the mouth reduced the presence of COVID in the saliva, so everyone ran out and bought all the iodine I guess. Haven't heard about that since.

They also ran out of instant noodles for a brief period in some stores at the onset of all this.

Cultural differences are a funny thing.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors