The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzyzx

Steve
In for the tech. I'm not going to blaze the trial on this, but when somebody has it all figured out... I'm in! :)

LS110 said:
The FR site says that the manifold is not compatible with the strut tower brace. So do you just go without the brace?
Yep.

zzyzx

Steve
bbrgt said:
The dyno numbers with the intake are 457rwhp @ 6700 rpm and 395 rwtq @ 5450 rpm . With the 1 7/8 longtubes , race exhaust and a tune it made 426 rwhp@ 6600 rpm and 376 rwtq @ 5000 . The power stays above 450 right to 7800 rpm where before it dropped off noticeably above 6700 rpm

Could you please post your dyno, or send it to me and I will host it for you and post it?

I'll be honest, your HP peak RPM doesn't make sense to me. A stock Boss peaks at 7400 RPM if I recall, so I'm confused. :p

zzyzx said:
Could you please post your dyno, or send it to me and I will host it for you and post it?

I'll be honest, your HP peak RPM doesn't make sense to me. A stock Boss peaks at 7400 RPM if I recall, so I'm confused. :p
You are correct , but we have dynoed several 12 Boss 302's and the power starts to drop off around 6700 rpm , but only by 3 to 5 HP , and as I said earlier I will post the dyno graph tomorrow as it is on the dyno computer at the dealership.

zzyzx

Steve
Thanks, guys!

Damn, that's a power curve you don't see very often, let alone on a Mustang. 8)

Bump that redline and let us see what it looks like off the right side of the graph! ;)

mwilson7 said:
Even more! ;)

That's what I was referring too with the aluminator link. It seems they list some of the mods for the boss to make 500rwhp or close to it. I read somewhere that someone did a comp cam swap and picked up around 30+.

the questions i am seeing with those magazine saps is that they swapped out cams yes...but they also added a tune to the vehicle. so its not a "known" actual gain for just cam swap. i think they should have tuned the vehicle first getting a this is all we can get dyno pull, then add the new cams a retune. that way you have a decent baseline.

steve

gremlinsteve said:
the questions i am seeing with those magazine saps is that they swapped out cams yes...but they also added a tune to the vehicle. so its not a "known" actual gain for just cam swap. i think they should have tuned the vehicle first getting a this is all we can get dyno pull, then add the new cams a retune. that way you have a decent baseline.

steve

Well you have to redo the tune when you add the new cams. Especially when you are going from the stock cams to the Comp 191160 cams. I am really excited to see what the gains are when Comp can come up with some SPR cams and see what kind of gains can be had with those. Currently you are making some decent numbers with the 160's so I can only imagine the potential with a SPR type cam. It would be awesome to see what someone could do with the Livernois Big Bore short block, RGR stage 2 heads, some custom grind cams, pypes stepped headers, this IM, SCJ TB. With all of that I would love to see close to 600HP out of the motor.

Hi there,

New here!!!

I am in the quest to pass the 500 RWH mark...I am at 475 RWH as we speak with my Boss and eagerly waiting for the CJ intake to arrive at PBH for the install and tune. Keep you guys posted.

Regards,

Manuel

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
BOSSPOWER said:
Hi there,

New here!!!

I am in the quest to pass the 500 RWH mark...I am at 475 RWH as we speak with my Boss and eagerly waiting for the CJ intake to arrive at PBH for the install and tune. Keep you guys posted.

Regards,

Manuel

Impressive!!

What have you added, done to get these numbers? From your photo, the motor appears to be N/A.

Tracy

TMO Supporting Vendors