The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Suspension Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A couple of photos of the reduced body roll.

_W1D8197.jpg
M4DW8844.jpg

There was an ml63 at Limerock. He was running in the beginner group.
My friend has an E 63. It's fast, just about as fast as the Boss. Doesn't handle as well but it is a heavier luxury car

Waiting on some better pictures from this weekend but the springs made a difference. The brake dive was less for me even if it not bother me too much until I would see the pictures later. Still there was a little more dive then I thought. I was able to carry more speed into the turns and did not have the tendency to oversteer entering turns like I had before. Like Rick I still had some oversteer on the exits but nothing I could not manage.

Now getting the car on the trailer was a whole other story but there is not enough space on the web to write about that :mad: :( ::)

I will post up other pics when I get them.

Brake dive
IMG_0150.jpg
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0554.jpg
IMG_0653.jpg

Cornering
IMG_0166.jpg
IMG_0171.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg

Damn fine photos, right there ;D

There was a pro photographer at my last event, and I have ordered my pics from the guy on CD - I will post some when they arrive. Being as my suspension currently lacks the latest round of goodies you guys are sporting, it should be a nice contrast to illustrate the brake dive and body roll LOL. But not for long...

5 DOT 0 said:
ORANGE CRUSH said:
Really good stuff Rick. Thanks for all the feed back. Cant wait to get mine on the track to see the difference.
Which parts did you order?

Rick,

I have the FRPP Rear LCA relo brackets M-5650-A
J&M LCA which is just like the FRPP 302S Rear LCAs M-5649-S
J&M Adj Panhard bar very close to the FRPP Adj panhard bar M-4264-A
FRPP Lowering Springs M-5300-P
FRPP Jounce Bumpers M-5570-A
SWAY BAR HARDWARE M5490A
MM CC Plates

I kept the stock shockss per Mark Wilson. I did find that I like the shock setting on 3 for the street its to bumby on 1 and 2. It feels incrediable with little brake dive and body roll. Im looking farward to hitting the track but its to damn hot here in Houston. Ive got 5 events on the stock set up and so far this feels way better.

LateApex said:
Damn fine photos, right there ;D

There was a pro photographer at my last event, and I have ordered my pics from the guy on CD - I will post some when they arrive. Being as my suspension currently lacks the latest round of goodies you guys are sporting, it should be a nice contrast to illustrate the brake dive and body roll LOL. But not for long...

Some before pics
q6.jpg
q2.jpg
This one is is a miss, full ABS set off.
PBMiss.jpg

ORANGE CRUSH said:
I have the FRPP Rear LCA relo brackets M-5650-A
J&M LCA which is just like the FRPP 302S Rear LCAs M-5649-S
J&M Adj Panhard bar very close to the FRPP Adj panhard bar M-4264-A
FRPP Lowering Springs M-5300-P
FRPP Jounce Bumpers M-5570-A
SWAY BAR HARDWARE M5490A
MM CC Plates

I kept the stock shocks per Mark Wilson. I did find that I like the shock setting on 3 for the street its to bumby on 1 and 2. It feels incrediable with little brake dive and body roll. Im looking farward to hitting the track but its to damn hot here in Houston. Ive got 5 events on the stock set up and so far this feels way better.

That is the same setup I have pictured above (except I have all Ford Racing parts with the MM camber plates). I also choose to keep the stock dampers. In the pictures they were set at 5 and 2.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
LS wing arrived. Front splitter obtained. Hood, suspension kit, adj PHB, bumpsteer, in garage. Just waiting on LCA relo brackets and FRPP RLCAs.

Will probably set up the hood for paint and wing paint/install at body shop when I am out of town in a couple weeks.

Then I, too, can drive FLAT OUT.

Gary,
Your car looks nice and flat.Just the opposite way we like our women!
Did you notice the green sticker on Ricks car? Just kidding ! But he was in front of a GTR!

roketman said:
Gary,
Your car looks nice and flat.Just the opposite way we like our women!
Did you notice the green sticker on Ricks car? Just kidding ! But he was in front of a GTR!
LOL Well I did hold him off for a couple of laps but finally gave him a point by. I kept his mirrors full for a while. Don't those GTR's drive themselves?

Well, here's a few photos from last weekend's track event at Gingerman - mostly for your enjoyment, so you guys can remember what your stock suspension felt like :)

Hang on for the rooooooolllllllll...

ME3Z1852.jpg

Check out this brake dive - thought my front end was almost scraping the ground lol.

ME3Z2163.jpg

Late-brake passing some dudes into a fast corner - check out that roll.

ME3Z3849.jpg

Dear god I need the new suspension goodies, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Ha! A Porsche guy there asked me if I had a Mustang or a snow plow :mad:

Seriously Gary, I think I am getting basically your setup, with a few differences:

- the Stranoparts Adjustable Sways with adjustable End-Links - http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=871&CategoryID=200&ModelID=35

- the MM Adjustable Panhard Bar with spherical bearings - http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=329&CategoryID=208&ModelID=35

Plus, I want to look into bushings, to see if I can sharpen up the feel some more.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel