The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Suspension Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Hey guys I just got a smoking deal on a set of Ford springs P/N M-5300-K. Has anyoe used them and what is your feedback? Do I need to purchase any other parts such as a panhard bar, camber plates, etc?

Thanks in advance.

PJWANNABE said:
Enjoy those potholes. ;)
This.

I should have an update on the Boss lowering springs in the next few days.

GA
My fiancee has an '07 Shelby GT, which has the K-springs. We went to a car show in Savannah last year and there is a stretch of highway for over two hours that has an uneven surface with subtle dips. I drove behind her and watched her car make rapid fire mini-bounces all the way while my ride was smooth as silk. She said next year we take only my car.

GA
byronj said:
Was she using the stock struts and just teh lowering springs?

Hers is as it came from Shelby. The SGT came with the Ford Racing handling pack which had non-adjustable peformance shocks and the 1 1/2 drop K springs. The new handling pack comes with 1" drop P-springs since so many people complained about the harsh ride.

When I upgrade my GT suspension I am going to get P-spring pack with adjustable shocks. A review I read said that K-springs are just for looks and do not perform any better, and actually make the ride much harsher.

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
Has anyone tried Eibach's Pro Kit Lowering Springs:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-pro-springs-2011gtv6.html

Says they are good for the Boss. Have been hoping that FR would release their version specifically for the Boss but when I called early in the week, the guy I talked to said it could be a month or a year even though they have a part #.

5 DOT 0, did you get any additional info from your source?

Cheers!

Boomerstoys

Thanks 5 DOT 0. I'll wait until you here from your source. Good to know about the Ford P springs being the same as the Pro kit springs.

Cheers!

Boomerstoys

We will be staying overnight in Willows! Staying at the Baymont Inn the night of 9/12. There about 4 of us that we be caravaning together and we'll all be at the Baymont. Plan is to leave Seattle about 7:00 AM so we should be in Willows about 6:00 or 7:00 PM.

I'll be with a bunch of Porsche Snobs ;) so if you can stop by would really like to meet you.

Cheers!

Bay Area
PJWANNABE said:
byronj said:

Hers is as it came from Shelby. The SGT came with the Ford Racing handling pack which had non-adjustable peformance shocks and the 1 1/2 drop K springs. The new handling pack comes with 1" drop P-springs since so many people complained about the harsh ride.

When I upgrade my GT suspension I am going to get P-spring pack with adjustable shocks. A review I read said that K-springs are just for looks and do not perform any better, and actually make the ride much harsher.

Thanks for the info. Guess im gonna put them back up for sale and wait for somethign else.

Boomerstoys

OK, couldn't wait any longer ordered the following & hope to have everything installed next Weds.:

Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Eibach camber bolts
Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar
Eibach Adjustable Lower Control Arms.

Now I need to make a decision on wheels & tires.

Cheers!

GA
byronj said:
PJWANNABE said:
byronj said:

Thanks for the info. Guess im gonna put them back up for sale and wait for somethign else.

No problem. Unfortunately sometimes things are a steal for a reason. Some people still just love that down-to-the-ground look and will sacrifice ride quality.

For you guys who are running the Ford Racing M-18000-C struts, it specifies 45-49 ft lbs of torque for the top center nut on the front struts. How did you guys torque this? When I put a wrench to them the entire assembly just spins. The stock struts can be torqued fine and don't spin?

5 DOT 0 said:
I had a shop install mine. While not official I've heard some shops use an impact gun but you need to be very careful. If you go too tight you could snap off the top of the strut.

yep
Just use the adjustable setting on the impact gun to set it to the approx ft lb
To do thisyou need to work on a sample with a tourque wrench then adj the gun to suit.
Make sure to work it out with a test sample first.
That is how i did mine.

TMO Supporting Vendors