The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350R Race Car Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You're welcome. Really makes your car look fast just sitting there. :D

@Black Boss I’m loving your build, I’ve been following it for a while but I had to sign up and finally comment after I just picked up my ‘18 LFG GT350.
I absolutely can’t wait to see the finished product just like all of us.

P.S. Do you still have your R rear wing?

Black Boss, what is the noise level like on those Conti Wets? I had some Hoosier wets a few years ago and when I had to drive with them they sounded like off road tires.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Decals arrived - Thanks!!

Finished up the Race steering wheel install. Wired red buttons for horn.

View attachment 3593

Ended up opening up the clock spring and using the rear half with a slot cut in the bottom as the male SCCM connector:

View attachment 3594

Then ran the ribbon under the column behind the air bag cover using the front half of the clock spring as the gauge pigtail connector, zip tied in place. This approach allows re-use of the clock spring retaining screws in the column to prevent the SCCM connector shaking loose and re-uses the clock spring housing at each connector to protect the folded portions of the ribbon.

Monted the multi way switch on the airbag panel (Airbag removed).

View attachment 3595

Do you have the part number of the coiled wires you used for the horn buttons?

Thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors