The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GTD Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Interesting question, but I would bet they softened it up some, since we all know we are a distinct breed, the 10-20% of owners who actually use their cars properly -- on a track, autocross course, drag strip, etc.!!

@yotah1 absolutely love the Ford GT design in the lower front grille.

Can you provide any details on the rear transaxle? Tremec unit or something more exotic. Assuming it's not the same unit from the GT3 as that's probably a true sequential from Quaife or Xtrac or something.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
It sounds like Mr. Farley is dying to break the Naturally Aspirated Nurburgring record, see the latest news out here in Detroit (but can't believe the 800hp beast they've developed is NA) https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...-takes-aim-at-porsche-911-gt3-rs/70610476007/

(Woodward Dream cruise tomorrow, Mustang Memories at Ford World Head Quarters on Sunday...also, it's nice to have some perks every once in awhile out here in southeast Michigan so through our Mustang club I got to meet and get autographs from many of the key original SVT engineers, designers and marketers, including John Coletti, yesterday in Dearborn!!...original SVT Race cars were there with many of the key engineers who built them and perhaps saved the Mustang along the way in the 90's!!!)

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
I have no right to add to this conversation, but my love of the Mustang is only superseded by my lack of funds. It is amazing that we have a member of the GTD team in our TMO family. Thanks for sharing information when you can, and I'm hoping to see one of these in the wild someday.
Boone, I hear ya and I'm with ya. Just to expand on the Mustang situation though...
I've gotta say, I drove a Porche Panamera last weekend - a car that has 40,000 miles on it with an orginal sticker price of over $200k. Selling for mid-$30k (depreciation is huge for the vehicles). Totally UNDERWHELMED. The buttons and interior are supposed to be so nice (not really), the horsepower I believe was over 480 so it should have had some get up and go (it did not), the sound was so WEAK on what's supposed to be the sports model, the gold standard PDK to me was NO FUN. Then you have cost of repairs and many cannot be done diy.

I got home to my totally stock '13 Boss 302 and truly believed that after my Porche experience we are all actually so fortunate to be able to have such amazing cars that dollar-for-dollar outperform and out-excite anything else on the planet. Personally, I'm glad Ford is going after the World again in terms of lap times, and if they charge $300k for the car then I'm sure it will be far more "worth it" than anything else that could be produced in Europe for the same money.

...Anyone want to go in on one with me...might need like 10 of us but it could be worth it!!

So someone please help me out, just which class is this car legal to run in? We already have the GT4 in GS, the GT3 in WEC and this....?? in what?

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Soddy Daisy, TN
I need one of these in my life. However, not enough money and not enough Ford Performance clout will prohibit me from acquiring one. According to the Motor Trend article, Ford will be going through a similar process as the Ford GT.

So someone please help me out, just which class is this car legal to run in? We already have the GT4 in GS, the GT3 in WEC and this....?? in what?
This is not a competition car. While I'm sure you could try and enter it into some sort of time attack series or something, that would be an extreme use of this car in the same way you wouldn't buy a street car Ford GT and then try and enter into intona racing series most likely.

This is not a competition car. While I'm sure you could try and enter it into some sort of time attack series or something, that would be an extreme use of this car in the same way you wouldn't buy a street car Ford GT and then try and enter into intona racing series most likely.
My interest wanes...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel