The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

Which Color Wheel Would You Prefer

• Gloss Black

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Flat Graphite

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim32084 said:
Paul, my Cup 2 tires arrived last week! Any ETA on the R spec wheels?

Very nice !

Well Rick was over this past week and saw the sample we informed him right now im going to state about 60 days and a max of 90 days ( worst case scenerio). Everything checked out on our QC and fitment checks, super deep concave front and rear.

Estimated weights will be 24.4-25.4 lbs for the wheels.

Excellent! Your estimate(R-specs) is therefore ETA May 21st and that would be great as that is right before Memorial Day weekend which is a good timeline.

Moto said:
Excellent! Your estimate(R-specs) is therefore ETA May 21st and that would be great as that is right before Memorial Day weekend which is a good timeline.

correct given the timeline, but as stated should something change towards the later it will be announced.

VoodooBOSS said:
Paul any updates?

Just a small update on the 20s currently, as for the R spec same eta as currently estimated, But I did get the 19x10 sample in which we weighed and it actually came in exactly at my estimated weight so based on this to the R spec same range as estimated 24.4-25.2 lbs

Hey guys just wanted to see how everyone is doing, Wanted to give a quick heads up I may be hard to reach for the next few days a buddy of mine passed away this Wednesday in a really bad bike crash so wanted to leave notice in advance as I will be attending to those matters.

Should anyone need me shoot me a email or a pm I will do my best to respond back as best I can.

Need4SpeedMotors said:
Hey guys just wanted to see how everyone is doing, Wanted to give a quick heads up I may be hard to reach for the next few days a buddy of mine passed away this Wednesday in a really bad bike crash so wanted to leave notice in advance as I will be attending to those matters.

Should anyone need me shoot me a email or a pm I will do my best to respond back as best I can.
Wow sorry to hear that Paul.

Fellow enthusiasts! We would like to thank you all for your interest, support, and feedback in the development of the Project 6GR wheels.

We are extremely happy and excited to report that the first shipment has arrived on United States soil. The first shipment includes all the 20x10 and 20x11 sizes in both Satin Black and Satin Graphite finishes. The wheels will take a few days to clear customs and duties. We anticipate that the wheels will be arriving at our warehouse no later than this coming Wednesday or Thursday.

Our warehouse team is on stand by and ready to process your orders as soon as the wheels arrive. We will put the wheels through our strict inspection process prior to shipping a single wheel out. As enthusiasts ourselves, we pay close attention to the details.

At the time we would also like to update everyone on the status of the 19" sizes as well. Please keep in the mind that the 19" sizes were much more challenging and time consuming to confirm the molds because of the close tolerances created with the smaller barrel. To ensure proper fitments, we have had samples air freighted to us for test fitment to ensure the fitment before approving the molds. Additionally we have listened to our fellow enthusiasts in regards to the concavity depth. To be able to deliver the best design possible, we have gone through extra samples and fitment sessions to deliver one of the deepest concavity design available in the current market.

The 19" sizes are currently in the production phase. With the 19" having multiple sizes (19x10, 19x11, and 19x11.5) the production time is slightly longer than the 20" sizes. Until further notice, the manufacturer has informed us that the current ETA is roughly end of the June to mid July.

Once more, we sincerely appreciate everyone's patience, understanding, and support on the Project 6GR wheels. The project would certainly not be possible if it wasn't for the amazing response and support we have received from our fellow enthusiasts. Please rest assured that our entire team is doing everything we possibly can to make this process as fast as possible.

In the meantime we we will continue to perform test fits with different brand and sizes of tires to answer any fitment questions you may have. We will also be conducting more photo shoots to display different color combination of the wheel finishes on different trims to help with the decision process on what finish to go with.​

Correct as of now that is what the manufacturer has informed us as they have been slowly getting them completed after all the appropriate adjustments were done to the wheels.

Was a weight on the 19x10's ever mentioned? I see some of these on S197's so I am assuming that they fit, but curious what is required to get them on there. Maybe additional camber or spacers?

Sean said:
Was a weight on the 19x10's ever mentioned? I see some of these on S197's so I am assuming that they fit, but curious what is required to get them on there. Maybe additional camber or spacers?

Yes we did, I dont have it off the top of my head but it was I believe 23.5 or 23.7 lbs for that.

also yes they work great on the S197 even the Boss 302 would work out fine, no work was needed.

Need4SpeedMotors said:
Yes we did, I dont have it off the top of my head but it was I believe 23.5 or 23.7 lbs for that.

also yes they work great on the S197 even the Boss 302 would work out fine, no work was needed.

Ok perfect so they are lighter than the 19x11's by a little bit. Thanks for the info! Once my motor is finished I will be talking to you about these for sure!

An update on the wheels. The 20" have arrived and are shipping to customers now. You should start seeing customers with the wheels any day. The 19's are being produced now and should be ready for shipping soon. We should see them in plenty of time for the August 25th track day at Sonoma with HOD. A few photos of the 20" wheels. You can follow N4SM on Instagram.

82F58FBC-678D-4B54-A244-E783A6323BAE_zpsuawhdnzk.jpg
CD75FA9B-C4DC-4D82-BF53-4AA30315CCC4_zpsv4bh1npq.jpg
05A2FA7D-035C-414F-9190-3885E26B29AC_zpstfakyg5g.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel