The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

Which Color Wheel Would You Prefer

• Gloss Black

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Flat Graphite

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys update for you, 19s have passed all tests needed with flying colors, samples in my hands this week for in house test fit and my approval, imma leak some photos from my phone once I put them on Rogers 350 this week.

Need4SpeedMotors said:
Hey guys update for you, 19s have passed all tests needed with flying colors, samples in my hands this week for in house test fit and my approval, imma leak some photos from my phone once I put them on Rogers 350 this week.
Great news Paul. Look forward to pics and an ETA 8)

They should be thats what I asked for lol either way barrel clearance, x factor its all the same difference is width and offset of course which play a change in weight but ever so slight when its a spun forged wheel.

Happy Tuesday guys !

Update for you the sample 19" finally passed the border stop I guess is the term right and it arrived to us today, Tomorrow morning We are doing the final QC check, image leaks out for you guys of course. Oh and ontop of that The concavity is deep and on point as well.

Weights fall right in the expected range we stated as well guys ! :)

Tomorrow after the final QC eta will be finalized for you guys, but for now everything looks amazing and perfect just as I would imagine all the last final changes would come out to.

Hey guys so a larger update for you, the sample that came in is the 19x11 ET 50 super deep concave wheel.

This has been weighed in at 24.4 lbs on our scale !

I had the owner personally test fit this today o a GT350 and great news the wheel clears the barrel so as stated all measurements we have done came out amazing.

Ontop of this the R spec will be rocking a super deep concave front and back = ) as confirmed by another final QC test today.

Weights on the R spec will be done once I get the wheels in but based on all measurements and weights being where I have expected them to be roughly I would stated R specs will be in this 24-25.4 lb range based on additional barrel width and offset back pad material.

Paul thanks for the update. Did you measure the clearance between the barrel and front caliper?

They did yes its a tight fit but ok, 2-3 mm

These calipers are definitely no joke in size. They spun the wheel no clearance issues, it spins freely and easily.

Thanks Paul.

I stopped by N4SM today on my way home from vacation in SoCal and met Edgar the owner and got to view the 20" sample in person. The 19" samples are on a car and it wasn't at the shop during my visit. I didn't ask a lot of technical questions but we did discuss the fitment process and changes made to lighten the wheels. Although the the original production schedule has come and gone I'm confident they are making sure the wheels have the correct fitment and will be as light as possible while still meeting the proper load specs.

As for timing of when the wheels will be available we are at least 60 days out possibly 90. I'm thinking by July 1st but Edgar thinks they should be available sooner. So be patient and I think these wheels will be worth the wait. Besides where else are you going to find R size/fitment wheels?

As a side note the 20" wheels have been produced and should be available soon. I think once those wheels hit the street the waiting list for R spec wheels will get very long.

Also N4SM has a digital scale sitting in their very clean and organized shop. They routinely weigh all their wheels and these should come in under 25 lbs each.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Thanks very much for the details. Do you personally have any fitment concerns for track duty given what you have learned/observed?

@VoodooBOSS Edgar shot me a text after he met you, sorry I was not in this week to meet you personally, but soon enough Ill have the pleasure.

I would like to personally thank you and also @cloud9 for introducing me to this forum and for all the support.

Need4SpeedMotors said:
@VoodooBOSS Edgar shot me a text after he met you, sorry I was not in this week to meet you personally, but soon enough Ill have the pleasure.

I would like to personally thank you and also @cloud9 for introducing me to this forum and for all the support.
As you've seen this is a great group of Mustang enthusiasts. We are really looking forward to having a wheel that was specifically made for the S550/GT350 8) Thanks for taking us up on it!

No problem Paul, sorry I missed you. My visit was somewhat unplanned but as I was driving down I-5 Sat evening on my way to Disneyland I realized I was only a couple of miles from your shop so I had to stop by on my way home. I'll give you more notice next time. :)

cloud9 said:
As you've seen this is a great group of Mustang enthusiasts. We are really looking forward to having a wheel that was specifically made for the S550/GT350 8) Thanks for taking us up on it!
This is really the key to what N4SM is doing here. I've been talking to Apex Wheels for almost two years now trying to get them to make an 18x10.5" wheel for the S197 fitment and nothing. Shoot I even called and talked to Finspeed about making custom GT350R fitment wheels and they won't even respond to my emails or calls. It's refreshing to find fellow enthusiast willing to take a chance and fill a small niche market with the R Spec wheels. Thanks N4SM!

With great guys like you to talk cars with and hook up, hell yes it was definitely a great decision for us to work with you all and get this dream into a reality.

As for the 18x10.5 once this project is in our hands, id be interested to see if we can help there as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors