The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

Which Color Wheel Would You Prefer

• Gloss Black

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Flat Graphite

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You guys came really close in matching the looks of the CF wheels. Nice job!

24487364533_92acb6779f_b.jpg
Shelby-Mustang-GT350-GT350R-260-1280x720.jpg

Re: Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

Need4SpeedMotors said:
I am waiting on Monday to be presented a better ETA for my wheels arrival so I can inform you guys .

Any word yet today on the timeline for the R-specs?

Hey guys so first off thank you ! I tried my best to make it as close as I can and I think its a hit the way they look.

Now updates, so being as OCD as I am and aiming for the best wheel via fitment, weight and such. I requested some final adjustments on the 20s as I got the sample in that size first, I have asked for weight reduction pockets behind the spoke ( which will be used on the 19s as well) and also some trimming around the back pad for additional clearance and weight reduction.

I am receiving the new 20" sample today raw of course since I didnt need to see the finish again for a final ok QC and well ok that, the 19" sample is coming into my hands shortly so I can QC that very quickly ensure its as we desire and how I imagine it to be do a final check on the GT350 and then get that to us quickly as well.

Its a tad bit behind on timing but I much rather ensure every step as effectively as I can then bring something in without doing these very necessary steps. I have made a promise to you all to make sure they fit right, look right, weigh accordingly and perform so im not going to cut anything out.

GTexas350 said:
Is there away to get on list to purchase? I would like the 19's black.

We were sold out of the black, however there is a client who is cancelling his order because he isnt going to track his car, which means I have 1 set of the satin black available so yes I can get you on the list.

Paul, can you please post a regular photo of them on a GT350 and not simply a low-res "Instagram" photo. The wait is painful enough but the little snippets being shown here and there are pure torture!

The images are the 20s not the 19s so i mean I can post the images but the it wont be the proper sizing if you guys are ok with it right now.

As for images those are all I have right now = / the professional shots have not been done just yet.

Can someone sum up short and simple what this thread is about?

I know wheels. Is it a custom group buy? Size?weight?

Too late for question? LOL

SCGT500 said:
Can someone sum up short and simple what this thread is about?

I know wheels. Is it a custom group buy? Size?weight?

Too late for question? LOL

These are for aluminum flow formed wheels that look similar to the GT350R CF wheels in fitment for the S550 in 19" and 20" and specific fitment for the GT350 in the same sizes and offsets as the R wheel. We are calling those R spec wheels.

@ArizonaBOSS yes sir they will work no issues !

@Tob not yet sir im just finalizing the last QC on the 19" sample which comes this week, I need to always ensure with a vehicle like this these will be perfect, keep in mind the original took 2 years to be developed, im doing something like this in a matter of 7 months so perfection does take tim.

@VoodooBOSS Thank you very much sir.

@SCGT500 questions are always welcome sir. This thread is to introduce a wheel I have been working on for the S550 community for sometime, thanks to a few great members that are GT350/R owners who approached us we have also opened this up as a viable option for the Shelby owners, thus providing a wheel that will meet the demand for additional weight while reducing rotational mass.

A group by of sorts is going on where members receive priority if they desire to pre order a set from the limited first batch that is arriving to us.

Wheels are being created in the factory "R" specs 19x11 ET 24 19x11.5 ET 56 weight is based on the construction of the wheel ( spun forged) and I have done a few more reductions for weight on the 20s which I am transferring over to the 19s expected weight is 23-25 lbs sir.

TMO Supporting Vendors