The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Cobrarob said:
You drive the #%@& out of that car Derek,awesome drivin!
Was ther last week too bad didn't meet up

Too bad I missed you! I saw your video earlier in this thread - very nicely done!

I just try to make the car earn her keep ;) She's done well so far. Now to figure out what the slightly concerning "clicking" is when I transition from left to right turns... it seems to have become a bit more pronounced following the Grand Course driving...

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
Dig-It said:
VIR Full course - Boss/suspension/Hoosier R7s--2:10.83

Gonna try and beat it next month!

Did it at the end of my first track day with the car!

Stock GT350R on Hoosier R7s--2:08.84

@dmichaels you were crushing it! I was there as well and think we chatted briefly. I was running in Blue in my 2015 White GTPP (now replaced with a 2017 GT350). I ran ~2:26 on Main and ~3:23 on the Grand course. Lots still to learn - I was too pansy to carry and maintain 120+ in the climbing esses. Cheers to you man.

Heres my (old) car for reference:
4d7d2bb49814a9009fcf7addef899c67.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Dig-It said:
Did it at the end of my first track day with the car!

Stock GT350R on Hoosier R7s--2:08.84

Nicely done! That's quick! Any video to go along with the lap? I'd like to see where my lap differs from yours... I have a lot to learn at VIR still

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
dirtroadtrip said:
@dmichaels you were crushing it! I was there as well and think we chatted briefly. I was running in Blue in my 2015 White GTPP (now replaced with a 2017 GT350). I ran ~2:26 on Main and ~3:23 on the Grand course. Lots still to learn - I was too pansy to carry and maintain 120+ in the climbing esses. Cheers to you man.

Yeah we chatted for a few - it was a busy event, especially on Friday for me as I packed in all 4 of my sessions by 2pm (2 with Red and 2 with Black) so that I could hit the road back to CT as early as possible. But wow, what a fun course! Cannot wait to get back there!! Normally I instruct, this was the first time in a couple years where i just attended. Woudl be happy to ride with you in the future if I'm instructing at an event though. I know the Mustangs pretty well now, and everyone I talk with says the 2015+ are fantastic. I'm hugely jealous of your GT350 as well! I got to drive one at Pocono in May and it was very impressive. You'll have a blast with that!

My aero is the only reason I attacked the esses... they are intimidating! A friend (who will remain nameless) had a little incident on them a couple years back and I was cautious going in. The car can get really light through that section without significant aero. Anyways, great event and good meeting you!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for posting the video of Palmer. Have had a bunch of friends comment on the course and now I see why they say it is both unique and wicked. You looked like you were definitely honking around there and not sure the passenger hurt you that much ------------sounds like you were showing her a good time ,ha!!!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
All times updated to this point.

Here's a VIR Full Config reference lap for all of you guys on the East Coast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcvIN5N9a8o

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I was at VIR with Black Boss, Pete In CT and 2012-Boss, Best lap was a 2:10.23, 2011 Mustang GT, CJ, ARH headers JRi coilovers and Pirelli 305/690-19 DH Slicks. Car had severe vibration in right rear due to worn axle bearings. Still wouldn't have caught those boys, they was fast!

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
j3st3r said:
hows the new pavement Nick?

Bumpy in a couple of the key transitions -- coming out of South Bend and going down Roller Coaster. Not sure about grip -- we were lucky with weather, dry, but didn't get above 65*

F.D. Sako said:
Nick, your car looks so composed.
Who's in the red mustang in front of you was it Steve?

Well spotted. Yes he was fast ;)

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Dig-It said:
Thanks.

Here's a link to the video I took: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xK22kzbmCw

Just watched the videos side by side... you're definitely making more power than I am (or my aero is adding a lot of drag) - the straights you cover ground more quickly. Also you seem to get around turns 1-2-3-4 more quickly, and I was a touch quicker through the turns after the back straight... Good stuff though, I liked your line and it's good watching side by side to see where I can gain ground. Gotta go back!!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
DMichaels:

That is a great track session video and you drive very well, very well indeed. Nice back to back 2:08's on laps 8 & 9.

Your right, that C6 was fast down the straight, but after a few twisties in the back half, you brought the C6 back in view.

Thanks for posting,
302 Hi Pro

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
302 Hi Pro said:
DMichaels:

That is a great track session video and you drive very well, very well indeed. Nice back to back 2:08's on laps 8 & 9.

Your right, that C6 was fast down the straight, but after a few twisties in the back half, you brought the C6 back in view.

Thanks for posting,
302 Hi Pro

The post above isn't me driving, I had a video on page 33 I think but was comparing laps. Regardless, good videos ;)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
ArizonaBOSS said:
All times updated to this point.

Here's a VIR Full Config reference lap for all of you guys on the East Coast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcvIN5N9a8o

That is on the old track too, two repaves ago. 2012-Boss (Steve K) was getting pretty close to that this past weekend, so was Black Boss.

New personal best at Barber -- 1:46.80
11/20/2016 PBOC event at Barber Motorsports Park.
I now have Stoptech Big Brake kit on front.
Still on Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Thanks for your work on this thread!!!!

Here is the video. Notice how jerky it is. I started another thread in the "general" topic about Harry's lap timer and iPhone 7.
https://youtu.be/l3iRpHv1vPQ

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca-1.45
2006 Mustang GT-Cortex JRI s/a coil overs, Watts and torque arm on 295/30/18 R7's.
Wet track with a passenger in the car

https://youtu.be/pINDlVsfwBg

TMO Supporting Vendors