The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
*Updated*

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Congrats , not only do you have the fastest time listed on this sheet , you also have the fastest time ever posted by TMO Member !! I have been telling everyone for years I am friends with the fastest Mustang Race Driver in all of Chile!
Lol.... well its the only one on the list!! I hope we see some more mustangs racing down here in the future.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
*WEST*
Laguna Seca
1:39.30
SMGDHG:
2009 street car 3v mustang w/306whp, 200tw tire, Cortex Tq Arm, Cortex Watts, Cortex K-member, Front and rear aero, H&R Coilovers

View attachment 88053
Jesus dude, that's screaming fast....is that on the new surface?
Do you find it faster than the old surface? It takes some time for a new track to rubber in before it gets fast....
Spec Mustangs on hoosiers only went low 1:40's at the 7/29 SCCA race. Now that's not the very fastest drivers but thats the average car on that day.
We have a couple spec mustangs that are much faster but I doubt they are going 1:39.
Put a cage in that thing and start collecting some trophies!

LAP TIME POSTED!

Last edited:
CA
Jesus dude, that's screaming fast....is that on the new surface?
Do you find it faster than the old surface? It takes some time for a new track to rubber in before it gets fast....
Spec Mustangs on hoosiers only went low 1:40's at the 7/29 SCCA race. Now that's not the very fastest drivers but thats the average car on that day.
We have a couple spec mustangs that are much faster but I doubt they are going 1:39.
Put a cage in that thing and start collecting some trophies!

LAP TIME POSTED!
Thank you sir!
Yes it is, on the new surface.
That makes me even more happy to hear the new surface may be “slower”.
My only reference to the old surface was about 4 years ago when my car was basically stock. So no good apples to apples.
i didn’t realize the spec cars run Hoosiers;275mm correct?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Thank you sir!
Yes it is, on the new surface.
That makes me even more happy to hear the new surface may be “slower”.
My only reference to the old surface was about 4 years ago when my car was basically stock. So no good apples to apples.
i didn’t realize the spec cars run Hoosiers;275mm correct?
295’s. One of the spec mustangs that was not on the new surface last week had run a best of 1:38 on the old surface. I guess the new track is getting rubbered in on the groove but I’m told if you get out of the groove it’s super slippery. Gonna be some time before the whole thing is good again. Regardless, solid performance my man.

CA
295’s. One of the spec mustangs that was not on the new surface last week had run a best of 1:38 on the old surface. I guess the new track is getting rubbered in on the groove but I’m told if you get out of the groove it’s super slippery. Gonna be some time before the whole thing is good again. Regardless, solid performance my man.
295's?!?! Wow. Put me in one of those cars and I would bet money I'd beat everyone, I didn't realize they had so much more tire than me. Was always aware of the weight and power advantages they had but not of that tire advantage....

In regards to the grip getting off the racing line, what you say rings true; grip was HORRIBLE if you were off line. I went wide a couple times in turn 2, and the car nearly understeered off the track. Which is unheard of for the way I have this car set up.

I am mustering up the courage to upload the lap to youtube, I don't want the whole world to be able to see it, but I would like to share it with the TMO family. Not sure of the best way to do that.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
295's?!?! Wow. Put me in one of those cars and I would bet money I'd beat everyone, I didn't realize they had so much more tire than me. Was always aware of the weight and power advantages they had but not of that tire advantage....

In regards to the grip getting off the racing line, what you say rings true; grip was HORRIBLE if you were off line. I went wide a couple times in turn 2, and the car nearly understeered off the track. Which is unheard of for the way I have this car set up.

I am mustering up the courage to upload the lap to youtube, I don't want the whole world to be able to see it, but I would like to share it with the TMO family. Not sure of the best way to do that.
You can upload it as private so only people with the link can view it.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Hard to compare times with the new vs old track still but you were definitely hauling the mail.
When SCCA runs there next and Roger Eagleton turns in his times that will be a good yardstick.
Nobody beats that guy. At least, not yet.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Looks like we are gonna have to wait until next year to find out. Track should be good and seasoned by then.
Spec mustangs are 315 hp max.

SCCA 2023 CALENDAR - .PNG

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
holy vir/watkins/road atlanta times... so many of you guys running there lol

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Kinda want to submit my 2:04.9 in the GT350 as it would be the fastest time on street tires, but I'm fairly sure I'll nock that down a bit in cooler weather and some tweaks.
Submit the format and I’ll get it posted.

TMO Supporting Vendors