The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lost and Found Owners Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Re: Lost and Found Boss Owners Kits

Boss337 said:
Hey everyone!

I'm new here. Second owner GHIG 2013 Boss. Talked to original owner...he threw it in the trash with the car cover.

:-[

WTF? Did they have the car repoed and got bitter? What idiot would just toss the kit AND the car cover? I smell something surstromming here.

boss man said:
I think the last owner is full of trash...
keep checking E-bay. I can't see ANY Boss owner throwing those things away!
At least you can replace those items. Sad thing is its going to cost you extra money that you should of not had to do.

Unfortunately, it's true. I don't want to bad mouth, but he didn't realize the value in what he had. I can say that I am thrilled it has found a new home with me.

Boss Man, you're right. I will source for the items, however it isn't quite the same. Fortunately, the Boss is safe. Haha.

TymeSlayer said:
WTF? Did they have the car repoed and got bitter? What idiot would just toss the kit AND the car cover? I smell something surstromming here.

He traded it for another (much less) performance car. I was shocked when I heard. He thought the kit was silly and tossed it. I have made peace with it and will find a way to rebuild my own kit along the way.

This is to the future owner of my old boss... I have the owners kit to the 2012 kona blue boss # 3012, pm me if you would like it. Im holding on to it for safe keeping. I didnt want anyone to toss it out when i had to trade in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali-NT54 said:
This is to the future owner of my old boss... I have the owners kit to the 2012 kona blue boss # 3012, pm me if you would like it. Im holding on to it for safe keeping. I didnt want anyone to toss it out when i had to trade in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding Job cali-NT54 for coming foward with your post.

Quick update, I received my owners kit from ford today, thanks to fellow members on BMO on Facebook, I was able to get in contact with the original owner, and yes,mFord never sent him the package. So you can take me off the in search of....list!

I am selling my car currently, and this will be an added item for the future owner!

My car is somewhere in the middle of the country on it's way to me....but I did not see the owners kit in any of the pics, car cover either. Sad that these things disappear. I will look it over thoroughly when it arrives then start the search for mine.

GB218

TMO Addict

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to locate the kit for my 2013 Grabber Blue #218. I'm the second owner & have owned her over a year.

My little lady came from South Carolina. I've tried writing the owners but I never got a response. I contacted the dealer I bought her from: he stated that neither the dealership or the original owner every received the kit. I called Ford Racing last year: they stated the kit was mailed out. VERY Frustrating. :mad:

Any help is G R E A T L Y appreciated.

Thanks!

GB218

Dealer wouldn't know if it got mailed, but if Ford Racing said it was mailed, then the original owner got it and is probably holding onto it

GB218

TMO Addict

Hi raptor,

I agree. I'm hoping they may see/read my post and have a change of heart.

GB218

Just got my Comp Orange 2012 Boss, Not Owners Kit not sure what the number is (how do I tell)?. Last six of vin . 253846 was from Racine WI and I got it in ILL

Thanks

GB218

TMO Addict

Hi BossMarc,

Congrats on you purchase!

Your number is on the label on top of your intake - towards the back . If lists your VIN and Vehicle Number (BOSS #) on it.

GB218

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

HPT BANDIT said:
I have a owners kit for the 2013 Boss 302 #2040. I would like to give to the current owner. If you happen to know the owner, please let them know. I don't get online much but I can be reached at eight-six-five 414-4992.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel