The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup VII , Sept. 14-17 . Should be called Track Mustangs OnTrack!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Can anyone provide a link to this year's event schedule/run group information? Trying to estimate how much tire I will need to bring (or have left over after this) in 2018.

Can anyone provide a link to this year's event schedule/run group information? Trying to estimate how much tire I will need to bring (or have left over after this) in 2018.

George usually posts that when he opens up registration so it may change. Really depends on how hard you are on your tires. I usually bring 2 sets, keep the good one for the best time so really watch the weather and throw them on. So trying to guess how many we had this year, Friday probably 6-8 20 minute sessions, Saturday 4-5 20 minute sessions, and 2 full course auto cross laps. Early sign up gets you an hour on Thursday so maybe 2 sessions in that time, and Sunday is just for fun as well we ran 9-12 roughly 4 sessions.

Hope to see you next year!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Missed it again this year when my Father-in-law passed away. He was a good old Minden, Nebraskan and wanted to come see me track my Boss in his home state. I'll have to get Pete to make me a special decal so I can run in his memory.

@ArizonaBOSS Come up through Colorado and I'll follow you in in 2018.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sorry to hear that Pete did pass away, but way cool you two got along so well and what a great gesture to run in his honor next year. I knew you said he was struggling bravely, but missed he had passed. Give my thoughts and prayers to your wife and the rest of Pete's family -- sounds like a really great guy?!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Bill,

Pete's the guy at Track Day Solutions who makes decals and made a few custom one's for me in the past. I believe he alive and well.

My Father-in-law is Bob "Squeaker" Exstrom

Thanks for your condolences Bill.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Duh, I remember now , but cool to honor Squeaker ! Need to read the comments a bit slower, yes , quite a bit slower.

Always cool to find folks who enjoy their In-Laws . Lost my Father in Law and Mother in Law years ago, but they were great additions to my life. You obviously felt the same about Squeaker!?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Rumors are pricing will be down next year, though still the full range of activities. Look for some fun changes too...............and I ain't telling cuz it is fun to have race secrets !!!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Sounds like 2018 already shaping up great :)
Now let's get @captdistraction a cash infusion so he can join as well. Or maybe we can get Ballard to sign up with his 350R and shove all 3 of our cars into his stacker...

Bill, your enthusiasm for this event is contagious. Thanks for keeping us up to date & informed! I've been twice and intended on going again this year, but as with TS a death in the family and other obligations took precedence, unfortunately. There's always next year!

Big Black

Good, fast<del>, and cheap</del>
George and I have been batting this back and forth:

1) 2018 PP2
2) Full Race
3) S197 3-Valve Outlaw/Modified
3a) Fox/SN95
4) Cobra
4a, b and c) Boss 302 Stock-modified
5) Boss 302 Aero
5a) Boss 302 Outlaw
6) 2015-2017 GT no power adder, no aero